• The KillerFrogs

seat selection day-week

tcumaniac

where the hell am i going to sit after i graduate....

I feel bad for my dad... Me at TCU, plus my brother and sister are about to be in college too. Not very good timing to have the disposable income to spend on seats. Our 50 yard line seats on row 12, section D were quite amazing for the past 20 years. Probably will never see those again.

HornedFrog4Life

We are driving up from Temple, and I am trying to figure out what is the latest we can arrive and still be there before it's my time to pick.

Anybody who has picked the past two days have any advice?

You should arrive at 9:00 and you will be fine.....Just kidding. I do not know how long the process has been taking. tomorrow's group will be the largest so far this week. Heard there was 90 on Monday, went to 250 today. Someone had also posted that they were taking groups of 6 to the stadium. I am guessing that they will take a group up every 5 minutes or so. I am guessing only, but I imagine they are trying to be finished by 8:30, but that is just me guessing. Selections do not start until 6:00, so for you I would probably say be here no later than 7:00. I also understand that a board will be in Moncrief Center that will be kept up to date, so actually, you can make your selection from Moncrief Center and not even go to the seats.

Just my 2 cents

You should arrive at 9:00 and you will be fine.....Just kidding. I do not know how long the process has been taking. tomorrow's group will be the largest so far this week. Heard there was 90 on Monday, went to 250 today. Someone had also posted that they were taking groups of 6 to the stadium. I am guessing that they will take a group up every 5 minutes or so. I am guessing only, but I imagine they are trying to be finished by 8:30, but that is just me guessing. Selections do not start until 6:00, so for you I would probably say be here no later than 7:00. I also understand that a board will be in Moncrief Center that will be kept up to date, so actually, you can make your selection from Moncrief Center and not even go to the seats.

Just my 2 cents

Seems logical. I just wish they would have spelled that out in the letter. Otherwise, people toward the end of the list each day would get there at 5pm and have to sit around for 3-4 hours.

I'm guessing if we leave by 4:15 we should probably be okay.

HornedFrog4Life

Seems logical. I just wish they would have spelled that out in the letter. Otherwise, people toward the end of the list each day would get there at 5pm and have to sit around for 3-4 hours.

Easy drive, and you should be fine. Just miss the free dinner, which someone said was not too bad.

I hear you about the long wait. Will just talk to son who is student. How many seats are you looking for? I am looking for 3.

Frog79

We are driving up from Temple, and I am trying to figure out what is the latest we can arrive and still be there before it's my time to pick.

Anybody who has picked the past two days have any advice?

We were very early last night as we were #107 and they started at 90 or 91. We were the third or maybe 4th small group they took I'd say we waited about 35-40 minutes after the first group was called until we were called. Maybe one of the late picks can shed a little more light on how long it took them.

ross

KMA

the wait is not bad. Monday they had a buffet and open bar in the SEZ Club with the base ball game on TV and lots of Frog fans to vist with, actually a nice party. They take you from the SEZ Club to the stadium in groups of 6 and the golf carts go right up the ramps to the new club area so no climbing the stairs.
I would thry to get there at 6 to 6:30 and enjoy the party.

Easy drive, and you should be fine. Just miss the free dinner, which someone said was not too bad.

I hear you about the long wait. Will just talk to son who is student. How many seats are you looking for? I am looking for 3.

Two seats.

We were very early last night as we were #107 and they started at 90 or 91. We were the third or maybe 4th small group they took I'd say we waited about 35-40 minutes after the first group was called until we were called. Maybe one of the late picks can shed a little more light on how long it took them.

Thanks for tin input.

the wait is not bad. Monday they had a buffet and open bar in the SEZ Club with the base ball game on TV and lots of Frog fans to vist with, actually a nice party. They take you from the SEZ Club to the stadium in groups of 6 and the golf carts go right up the ramps to the new club area so no climbing the stairs.
I would thry to get there at 6 to 6:30 and enjoy the party.

Sounds good! That's the plan, then.

Denton Frog

Will second what Ross said - wait is not bad. SEZ DR is very comfortable and I'm assuming they will serve food and open the bar each evening. BB game will be on the TV's. You can also walk out into SEZ seats and watch sun set behind west stands. For TCU lovers, doesn't get much better than that!

Big Frog II

Even though I missed the email about coming later, I enjoyed talking to everyone and the Cooper's Barbeque. There is certainly a buzz in the room because of the Big 12 announcement. I believe because of the conference announcement people were not hesitating at all about the more expensive seats.

The stadium seat map in the SEZ is very helpful for getting ideas on where to sit. They also have one up in the future club area right before you go into the seats to select. You do have to go up there. TCU provides an individual to assist you, and then you go over to the press box to pay. Once they call your name in the SEZ everything went very quickly.

As for the rest of the seats in the other parts of the stadium, they will be doing those come April.

YA

Email I got yesterday said arrive around 7pm, which I did. Food is very good and open bar is even better. Lots of chatter and excitment about the Big 12, etc. Stadium looks glorious.

I was #204 and we got to the area to pick seats around 8:30 or so. It is a slow process for sure. Really slow process getting the baby paid for as that line was waaaaaaaaaaaaay backed up.

Anyway, after all is said and done, I was back at my house by 9:40 and I live 5-7 minutes away from campus. They were still taking folks to pick seats at the 9:30 hour.

BTW, the $1000 seats were my goal, but after seeing the site lines, I got seats in the $1500 aisle section next to the $2000 level.

Go Frogs!!!

sprfrog84

GF I am 399 so we are probably in the same group this evening. Although I am worried I may be the last pick of the evening.

Yes honey i did not get to pick until 9:30 so that is why I am home at 11:00 (I am sure she will have visions of me sitting at the Qui having a cocktail and not in line for tickets, lol)

corpuschristifrog

BTW, the $1000 seats were my goal, but after seeing the site lines, I got seats in the $1500 aisle section next to the $2000 level.

For those of us who pick late please explain your thoughts on the site lines in $1000.

After looking at the updated chart there seem to be a lot of singles left.

Young and Horned

Really hate seeing all of the single eats. And who was the [Cowherd] who took 3 seats in section 210, row 2. Picking 3 seats one seat away from the stairs? Really? Was that necessary? My dad wanted four $3000 seats, but looks like that won't be happening.

YA

For those of us who pick late please explain your thoughts on the site lines in $1000.

It is the opening at the end that drops to the lower levels and the guardrails that make it appear you are further away from the field.

Or maybe I am just crazy, which is quite possible.

Big Frog II

Try to be in the top 5 rows. The bottom 5 rows have that way too high guard rail in the way. They may need to rethink the height of that thing. It is much higher than the guard rail in front of the other sections.

YA

Try to be in the top 5 rows. The bottom 5 rows have that way too high guard rail in the way. They may need to rethink the height of that thing. It is much higher than the guard rail in front of the other sections.
I agree--it is way too high.

HFrog1999

The row height was changed after Maniac waited on CDC. It is designed to make the club seaters stand up to see the game.

corpuschristifrog

Thanks guys. I'm also going to have to have them pick for me since I can't get up there. May not be any left in the top 5 rows. I will go $1500 if that is the case. Of course that's based on the assumption there will be 2 together left.

sprfrog84

Just my 2 cents

When you say "went to 250" was that #250 in line or that there were 250 in your group on Tuesday Evening (meaning Wednesday starts at #340)?