• The KillerFrogs

San Deigo coach says blue turf unfair

Pappy Frog

By Tim Gardner, USA TODAY
Excerpt

As Boise State readies to join the Mountain West Conference, its future conference foes are already taking shots at the Broncos' blue home field.

During the league's spring practice teleconference, San Diego State coach Rocky Long said he thinks Boise State's home field gives the Broncos an unfair advantage and makes it difficult for players to follow the ball, according to the Idaho Statesman.
San Diego State coach Rocky Long says Boise State's blue turf gives the Broncos an unfair advantage.

"I think they ought to get rid of that blue turf. I think it's unfair," Long said.

Long, who is ready for his first season at San Diego State after a stint at New Mexico, said players "track the ball differently" on the blue turf and that it takes visiting players "a quarter or two" just to get used to the field.

2314@work

Contributor
By Tim Gardner, USA TODAY
Excerpt

As Boise State readies to join the Mountain West Conference, its future conference foes are already taking shots at the Broncos' blue home field.

During the league's spring practice teleconference, San Diego State coach Rocky Long said he thinks Boise State's home field gives the Broncos an unfair advantage and makes it difficult for players to follow the ball, according to the Idaho Statesman.
San Diego State coach Rocky Long says Boise State's blue turf gives the Broncos an unfair advantage.

"I think they ought to get rid of that blue turf. I think it's unfair," Long said.

Long, who is ready for his first season at San Diego State after a stint at New Mexico, said players "track the ball differently" on the blue turf and that it takes visiting players "a quarter or two" just to get used to the field.
All Rocky ever does is whine.

baby_crying_closeup.jpg

ReedFrawg

Two things:
1. Rocky long likes to whine. I have little respect for him.
2. The blue turf is stupid and bush league. Makes Boise look very small-time.

Lone Frog

This probably won't happen, but for some reason I have a suspicion that, while we're up in Wyoming the week before the Boise game, Patterson is going to have the field at the indoor practice facility painted blue, just so our guys can get used to that migraine-inducing color before we head up to Idaho.

AEAfrog

All Rocky ever does is whine.

baby_crying_closeup.jpg

I will donate a sizable amount to any reporter that asks Rocky if he still thinks TCU is living on "borrowed time" after the SDSU game. One of many things on my Mountain West farewell wish-list.

michaelperrytcu

This probably won't happen, but for some reason I have a suspicion that, while we're up in Wyoming the week before the Boise game, Patterson is going to have the field at the indoor practice facility painted blue, just so our guys can get used to that migraine-inducing color before we head up to Idaho.

Oregon State had a similar idea last year.

100920_blue_field4.jpg

tcumaniac

you can't paint artificial turf blue. no way they do anything to the indoor practice facility. maybe outside.