• The KillerFrogs

Rose Bowl?

Limp Lizard

When not part of the BCS or playoff games the Rose Bowl game has been B9/10 vs Pacific Coast/8/10/12, since the 40's, I believe. Due to the BCS or CFP, a few luck teams (like TCU and Texas) have been fortunate to play in the Rose Bowl.

I would think the gutting of the P12 would mean the old agreement is finished. Has anybody heard about tie-ins starting in 2024?

froginmn

as casey pointed out on here a week or so ago, when the cfp expands its field, the rose bowl will host a playoff game each season
Correct. And the highest seeded team will get first pick of the quarterfinal and semifinal game sites then #2, etc..

froginmn

I went for the 2011 game with TCU vs Wisconsin (2010 season), and it was an amazing experience. One of my true bucket-list items I have crossed off.
Yep. Living in Minnesota I have season tickets here (and make a TCU game most every year, including all at ISU).

But now that UCLA is joining I intend to make it to Pasadena for at least one of U of M's road games there, to relive the moment.

TCUdirtbag

For the umpteenth time the Rose Bowl is part of the 12 team playoff going forward (certainly 2024 and 2025) so there are no “tie ins”. All NY6 bowls are part of it — 4 as quarterfinals and 2 as semifinals.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
we Need to convince the Acc that they need UCF and WVU and we pick up Cal and Stanford And we have just as many CA schools as B1G. Also we replace one really large school for a different one and also replace a really dumb school for a really smart one....
Not gonna happen. Those commies would spontaneously combust upon crossing into Texas airspace per Comrade Newsome…

Eight

we Need to convince the Acc that they need UCF and WVU and we pick up Cal and Stanford And we have just as many CA schools as B1G. Also we replace one really large school for a different one and also replace a really dumb school for a really smart one....

scheiss no, why does anyone think cal is worth saving?

their athletic department is a trainwreck with a huge amount of debt

they have not supported athletics and the cal university system basically is exhorting money from ucla to allow them to leave for the big 10

now this is an ideal member to add to the conference

then we have stanford who has one of the best overall athletic departments in the country but are sanctimonious as [ Finebaum ] who looked down their nose a multiple schools in the current big 12 and scheissed over conference mates uw and usc

another ideal new member of the big 12....

or we can finally separate the fact nd and stanford have played for awhile (heck, how many people want to kill the game w smu) and recognize that academic standards don't draw scheissing eyeballs which is what this is about

puckster59

I think the automatic tie-ins that all the major bowls have are going to go away with the playoffs expanding. Surely, the Rose, Cotton, Sugar and Orange bowls will be hosting playoff games.