• The KillerFrogs

Rodney Anderson having Protective Order Filed Against Him

MAcFroggy

Does seem weird. And the fact that apparently she's an employee of OU is going to make it more weird. She will have to get a protective order against all the slut shaming sooner fans.

To be fair I do not think they would be "slut shaming" her. I think they would be mad at her for pretty much making up a story that he sexually assaulted her. Those are two very different things.

Pharm Frog

Read he volunteered to take a polygraph administered by former FBI polygraph expert and passed convincingly.

http://www.normantranscript.com/okl...cle_7f2502da-dc72-11e7-9e80-1b207d2867e6.html

Yes. That was about a week ago. Not saying or implying that the results were anything other than what has been reported but if he had failed it, do you really think we'd have heard anything about it? This was arranged by his attorneys as I understand it. And, I suppose that the former FBI investigator was "convinced" but nothing I've read has said anything about passing it "convincingly". Is that even a thing? Polygraph administration calibrated to detect degrees of deception? I seriously don't know.

Zubaz

As I understand it, polygraphs are pretty useless overall and are more useful as a psychological tool ("He was willing to submit to a polygraph") than any actual hard evidence.

Still, it's just another piece of evidence in his favor. It's hardly the only piece.

Frogenstein

Much like one can find an expert to testify on any side of any issue finding someone to administer a polygraph in one’s favor isn’t that difficult.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
As I understand it, polygraphs are pretty useless overall and are more useful as a psychological tool ("He was willing to submit to a polygraph") than any actual hard evidence.

Still, it's just another piece of evidence in his favor. It's hardly the only piece.

Yes, poly’s are chaff & flares.
Sounds impressive & techy but, definitive? No.

A long time & a couple lifetimes ago, I lost my job (a crappy job but only one I had at the time) when store product went missing & all employees were “poly’d“ and reportedly my results showed “deception” which is true of all poly’s since they are designed to detect deceptions. Did I take it? No. Did I lose my job? Yes.

I find it amusing I later passed & received a TS/SCI clearance from USAF.

netty2424

Yes. That was about a week ago. Not saying or implying that the results were anything other than what has been reported but if he had failed it, do you really think we'd have heard anything about it? This was arranged by his attorneys as I understand it. And, I suppose that the former FBI investigator was "convinced" but nothing I've read has said anything about passing it "convincingly". Is that even a thing? Polygraph administration calibrated to detect degrees of deception? I seriously don't know.
I don't know much about polygraphs other than they aren't admissible in courts and there is a level of interpretation in the results. So one might assume that someone who had absolutely nothing to do with a particular crime might be pretty cut and dry that said person was not involved which results in passing convincingly. The other side might be a person who was loosely involved in a crime and may not be telling 100% of the truth as their results may be considered inconclusive. Then the guy who committed the crime and the results were very conclusive that they were guilty.

Just spitballing here.

yurintroubl

Also - If he believed he did nothing wrong - He would likely pass a polygraph. Doesn't mean a person didn't do anything wrong... just that it wasn't wrong in the mind of the individual.

HG73

Much like one can find an expert to testify on any side of any issue finding someone to administer a polygraph in one’s favor isn’t that difficult.
Agree. Periodically I am called by some bank to submit an "opinion of value" usually for court proceedings. My first question to the bank is "How much does it need to be worth?"

Apparently, there exist some unique edict that grants OU athletes some form of immunity from prosecution.

'North of the Red'.....justice often goes awry.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Apparently, there exist some unique edict that grants OU athletes some form of immunity from prosecution.

'North of the Red'.....justice often goes awry.

This is a very common amongst the main state U’s across the country that graduate the lawyers, judges and t-shirt fan jurors...

East Coast

Tier 1
I think it’s pretty clear she didn’t make the whole thing up, the question was the behavior criminal or consensual. From 10,000 ft it looks like she never gave Anderson any reason to believe it wasn’t consensual. Unless he did stuff when she was passed out.

Of course there ar those that believe that someone who is intoxicated is incapable of giving consent. In any event, they continued after she vomits? C’mon man...! Gross