• The KillerFrogs

Robert Burton Writes Jim Boheim a Letter

Texas Otto

Dear Jim:

When I called you on Monday, January 24th, I made things very clear to you as the newest donor in the Syracuse basketball program. I told you that I wanted to involved in the starting line-up decision-making process for the next game. I also gave you my insight about who would be a good fit for the opening tip as well as who would not. For someone who has thought about giving $3 million dollars to the basketball program as soon as I get it back from UConn, I do not feel as though these requests were asking for too much.

Your lack of response on either of these requests tells me that you do not respect my point of view or value my opinion. After I left a very concerned voicemail on Tuesday, I did not hear back from you. I should note that I had to hear from several other sources about the pending lineup change, but I did not hear about it from the Syracuse Athletic Department.

To be crystal clear, I was not looking for veto power over the roster change. I just wanted to be kept in the loop and add value and comments on any prospective replacement for Fab Melo. This is the same process that Lew Andreas had with his donors when he coached Syracuse in the 20's. You did not call me and ask for information on James Southerland or talk to my son, who watched Southerland play on TV a couple times. Instead, you listened to others. You started a wingman at the center spot. Southerland will not put this program where it needs to be. You seem to forget that I have three sons who played at Greenwich High School and should probably have scholarships to Syracuse by now.

I am fed up with you as a basketball coach because you did not let the lineup-change process take place in an open manner. You and your assistant coaches talked amongst yourselves and made a critical decision about who you were going to play without input from knowledgeable people who just started caring about this program a couple days ago.

I believe that you are not qualified to be a Division 1 basketball coach and I would have fired you long ago. You do not have the skills to manage and cultivate new lineups or the ability to tell people with large amounts of money about them. The primary reason Eric Devendorf left early was because he could not work with you and if a class-act like Devo doesn't like you, that speaks volumes sir.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
That is soooo funny.

One of the reasons I am really excited about joining the Big East is the exposure we will have here to the truly creative and wonderful writers that are fans in that conference. Amazing stuff and noone in the Moutain West could have come up with that letter much less even thought of writing it.

I am much looking forward the witty banter and quasi-sexual discussions with our future conference mates.

Texas Otto

That is soooo funny.

One of the reasons I am really excited about joining the Big East is the exposure we will have here to the truly creative and wonderful writers that are fans in that conference. Amazing stuff and noone in the Moutain West could have come up with that letter much less even thought of writing it.

I am much looking forward the witty banter and quasi-sexual discussions with our future conference mates.

Almost as good as the original eh Feisty?
:biggrin:

frogman07

jacklaugh.gif