• The KillerFrogs

Regional Baseball Thread

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Braggart
Take care of that HS teacher from those lecherous I-talians.
We’re staying a villa in Tuscany right now. It’s fantastic. 12:30am here. Just watched on the ESPN app on my phone, but the feed went in and out. Won’t let me use WiFi because my espn access is through Hulu (my streaming tv account), which prohibits foreign access. So I had to use roaming cell data. Thankfully AT&T only charges $10/day extra if you tell them when you’ll be overseas.

FrogBall09

who was it suggested earlier in the year that saarloos was on the verge of ruining abelt with leaving him out there and making hm work through some tough situations?
that was me - and he definitely learned from that early beatings and has taken the bull by the horns this season to become our #1 reliever - which says a lot about him and unfortunately a little bit about the upper classmen that were supposed to be in front of him in the pen.

He told me that Kyle was talking about his early in the year struggles and said one thing to him that changed his approach - and that was that he was trying to make guys miss too much and missing the zone instead of challenging them more often to make something happen in the zone - and with his angle and ball movement, he basically needed to throw more pitches that if missed, they would catch the zone vs being worried about getting lit up on a miss and leaving it out.

I think it was Tom Seaver that said he became a great pitcher when he stopped trying to make guys miss and started trying to make them hit it.

froginmn

Last edited:

Eight

that was me - and he definitely learned from that early beatings and has taken the bull by the horns this season to become our #1 reliever - which says a lot about him and unfortunately a little bit about the upper classmen that were supposed to be in front of him in the pen.

He told me that Kyle was talking about his early in the year struggles and said one thing to him that changed his approach - and that was that he was trying to make guys miss too much and missing the zone instead of challenging them more often to make something happen in the zone - and with his angle and ball movement, he basically needed to throw more pitches that if missed, they would catch the zone vs being worried about getting lit up on a miss and leaving it out.

I think it was Tom Seaver that said he became a great pitcher when he stopped trying to make guys miss and started trying to make them hit it.

won't question it was you alone as I recall someone else, but appreciate your response, especially the onsite

will be very interesting to watch these young arms develop over the next few years

Ron Swanson

2-run dinger gives Stanford a 4-1 lead vs. the Fightin’ Schlosses. Going to the 7th.
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles