• The KillerFrogs

Regarding Turpin

ifrog

I will never say KH is good. A 64 QBR is not good. I give Cumbie all the credit for 2017, and calling better games for KH.
And I will always say that you aren’t very good at this. Wait - you are good at creating multiple senseless threads. I will give you that.

ftwfrog

TCU says football staff didn’t know of Turpin’s domestic violence charge in March

Looks like they put out a statement-I don't have access to the FWST
My god what a troll for clicks, “Not good for GP.”

No boat, the whole situation is “not good for GP.” But on what level? His most explosive player is gone or GP’s career is over? Oh oh let me click to find out.

Oh a player lied to him. Yeah. That’s not good either.

Sheesh. Unfortunately Muck will try to be the go to on this story so take what you read with a grain of salt.

ifrog

TCU football coaches apparently knew about the property damage but didn’t know about the battery charge. They didn’t find out about that until now. Turpin lied about it. Should they have investigated more ? That is the question.

Muck is a hack. Don’t give him a click.

Dogfrog

I read it. It is typical of Muck. Does anybody know what happened between him and GP that he has had it out for GP the past few years?

I know he wants to only write about Texas and OU, and his has been relegated to opinion pieces that are guised as reports, but it has gotten somewhat cartoonish. I doubt anybody in the know would be talking to Muck. PR folks know better.

Doubt Muck has anything personal against GP. Only assumption one can take away is that Muck is exclusively obsessed with himself and unfortunately the startlegram has given the poor guy a public forum to pursue his narcissistic tendencies. Every column seems to be a desperate cry for attention / survival. Seems to have adopted the philosophy that showing your ass in public beats being ignored.

frogs9497

Doubt Muck has anything personal against GP. Only assumption one can take away is that Muck is exclusively obsessed with himself and unfortunately the startlegram has given the poor guy a public forum to pursue his narcissistic tendencies. Every column seems to be a desperate cry for attention / survival. Seems to have adopted the philosophy that showing your ass in public beats being ignored.

FWST has given Muck the front page headline (online) for this story. Mugshot and all.

JogginFrog

The Muck article mentions that Turpin's girlfriend was in the military, which sheds light on why Turpin would have been in Las Cruces in March. She was probably stationed at Fort Bliss or White Sands.

Zubaz

TCU football coaches apparently knew about the property damage but didn’t know about the battery charge. They didn’t find out about that until now. Turpin lied about it. Should they have investigated more ? That is the question.
Yeah, that's really what it came down to, we probably shouldn't have taken Turpin at his word and made sure the charges were what he said they were. The staff would have found the DV and, given GP's track record, certainly would have kicked him off at that point.

I think if we're honest, the "we didn't know because we didn't investigate it enough" line would get criticized if one of our rivals said it about their players.

Oh well, all we can do is kick him off and move on.

jake102

Yeah, that's really what it came down to, we probably shouldn't have taken Turpin at his word and made sure the charges were what he said they were. The staff would have found the DV and, given GP's track record, certainly would have kicked him off at that point.

I think if we're honest, the "we didn't know because we didn't investigate it enough" line would get criticized if one of our rivals said it about their players.

We didn't take him at his word, GP got the police report which only noted the property damage. Not really sure what else we can do besides double check a police report (which you would assume is comprehensive and wouldn't leave out the most important charge).

Zubaz

We didn't take him at his word, GP got the police report which only noted the property damage. Not really sure what else we can do besides double check a police report (which you would assume is complete and wouldn't leave out the most important charge).
It appears that charges were filed for DV at the same time. Somehow, we weren't aware of it, and that's where the issue lies. If it wasn't that we didn't take Turpin at his word, how were we not aware of the charges?

Moose Stuff

I think it was handled just fine. Everything GP has done for 20 years suggests he’s telling the truth.