• The KillerFrogs

Reasons to be Optimistic against OSU?

FrogLifeYo

No doubt that OSU is easily the best offense we'll face all year but I think we have some reasons to be optimistic. Despite our history in Stoolwater, perhaps we're do to steal one. We play better when we are on the road and a decided underdog. Instread of our normal negativity around here, what are you feeling optimistic about?...

1. Despite our small sample size, we haven't had anyone slow down our surprising new toy of a run game yet. This is the best we've seen the offensive line play since joining the Big12...That includes 2014

2. For all of Kennys quirks and limitations he's has managed games extremely well so far. He isnt perfect but his decision making is clearly lightning years better than last season. He's capable of winning a game like this.

3. Ok St defense has deficiencies we can exploit. They are green in the back end and have a lot of injuries at LB. I expect they will be blitz happy and that actually plays into our hands.

4. The frustration we faced against Smoo could actually help us. We now know we can turn it up and fight through some adversity. Smoo prepared us well for the next 3 games. We may get beat but I don't think we get caught flat footed again.

5. improved pass rush. We are getting more pressure without committing a 7 player into the box. With our speed, I think the 4-1-6 w/2 safeties over the top could give them problems and force them to run it. Beg them to run on us and slow themselves down. Sure they run it well but I'll take that over big bombs any day. WE HAVE THE HORSES TO KEEP UP..

What are some things your optimistic about? This game has X/O nerd out written all over it..

Tom Brown

Rudolph has a quick trigger but hes not as mobile as hicks or even allen.

I bet we put him on his back a few times.
We have a run game that can keep the ball away from them, and home run threats.

They may have shot their load at pitt.

And yes we are due in stillwater.

Horny4TCU

We need to shut down their receivers and make their quarterback uncomfortable. Then we have to control the line, control the clock, and control the ball. Ball security will be key in the game. Every opportunity OSU has to score is going to be 10x worse than with Smew... Hill needs to manage the game and use his legs before he uses his arm. He needs to thread the needle every throw and not miss the open receivers.

Wexahu

Rudolph has a quick trigger but hes not as mobile as hicks or even allen.

I bet we put him on his back a few times.
We have a run game that can keep the ball away from them, and home run threats.

And yes we are due in stillwater.

Those last two points. It's hard to follow up a great performance with another one and sooner or later we're going to win one up there.

LeagueCityFrog

Looking over Okie State's football schedule over the last five years, only Baylor and OU consistently beat them more than losing to them. The winning team needed to score 35-53 points on the Pokes to have a chance. A Bill Snyder style of approach only yielded one win in that span. Southwestern shootout is the recipe for success here. We need no turnovers and Peach Bowl style relentless scoring. Their secondary is young and their linebackers are banged up.

CountryFrog

We need to shut down their receivers and make their quarterback uncomfortable. Then we have to control the line, control the clock, and control the ball. Ball security will be key in the game. Every opportunity OSU has to score is going to be 10x worse than with Smew... Hill needs to manage the game and use his legs before he uses his arm. He needs to thread the needle every throw and not miss the open receivers.
If we do everything you have outlined here then we'll win by 40. I'll be thrilled just with ball security on offense and making Rudolph uncomfortable.

Pharm Frog

Not even close. OSU didn't have to do anything creative or even open up page 2 in the playbook against Pitt. Narduzzi did what Narduzzi does and didn't modify a dang thing against them...and they torched it again. OSU isn't that tricky. They scheme exceptionally well and execute even better with senior-experience in the system. Big difference this season is that Poke D is better (not great but if they can get off the field even a bit earlier in drives than they did last year, Okie Lite is gonna have things rolling). I know they haven't been "tested" this and that but Tulsa is no slouch offensively.

W

Way of the Frog

So the only chance we have is dominate every phase of the game? No problem Mon.

Moose Stuff

Not even close. OSU didn't have to do anything creative or even open up page 2 in the playbook against Pitt. Narduzzi did what Narduzzi does and didn't modify a dang thing against them...and they torched it again. OSU isn't that tricky. They scheme exceptionally well and execute even better with senior-experience in the system. Big difference this season is that Poke D is better (not great but if they can get off the field even a bit earlier in drives than they did last year, Okie Lite is gonna have things rolling). I know they haven't been "tested" this and that but Tulsa is no slouch offensively.

They didn't exactly shut Tulsa down.

CountryFrog

Agree with this and Tulsa for sure has some offensive talent but their defense may be worse than the SMU defense. I don't think TCU is great in the secondary but we're good and a heck of a lot better than anything OSU has seen to date.

HeidelFrog

I'm guessing TCU has some good defensive packages, blitz plays and offensive plays that they have not showed yet.... but will this weekend

Latest posts