• The KillerFrogs

Rangers game tonight

Frog-in-law1995

With my brackets shot to Lubbock, I decided to watch Rangers-Padres on 21. I think Rhadigan's gonna be OK, but his home run call has got to go. Josh hit one out to center in the first and Rhad quips, "happy trails, baseball!"

Ugh.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
So far after several games I've watched I'm not liking Rad much. Pretty boring. Would rather have had Busby who knows his [Craig James] and has TV and radio PBP experience as well as a little field experience.

OmniscienceFrog

So far after several games I've watched I'm not liking Rad much. Pretty boring. Would rather have had Busby who knows his [Craig James] and has TV and radio PBP experience as well as a little field experience.

Would have liked to see Dave Barnett move over from the radio side myself. Have always liked him and think he is the best radio PBP man the Mavericks have ever had.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Would have liked to see Dave Barnett move over from the radio side myself. Have always liked him and think he is the best radio PBP man the Mavericks have ever had.

Yeah, Barnett would have been a good choice too.

How could a major league team name a TV play-by-play guy who has never done play-by-play? Doesn't make sense, unless they are paying him far less than they would have for someone with experience.

Frog-in-law1995

How could a major league team name a TV play-by-play guy who has never done play-by-play? Doesn't make sense, unless they are paying him far less than they would have for someone with experience.
At least it wasn't Ric Renner.

oldscribe

Remember the year the Rangers had Bill Merrill on radio? Absolutely worst I've ever heard, in all respects.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Remember the year the Rangers had Bill Merrill on radio? Absolutely worst I've ever heard, in all respects.

I do and that was bad and was on several years. Good trivia question is what ESPN baseball announcer was he teamed with in the Rangers booth?

Remember Bill Mercer doing games?

I also hated Norm Hitzges on HSE.

FROGDADDY

It definitely appeared to be a 'on the cheap' move.
On the cheap had nothing to do with it. They were turned down by the person/people they targeted early and in the end Rhadigan was well liked by the person/people in charge. Simple as that. Treat him likw you would a rookie player, he may have some struggles early on but better days are ahead.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
On the cheap had nothing to do with it. They were turned down by the person/people they targeted early and in the end Rhadigan was well liked by the person/people in charge. Simple as that. Treat him likw you would a rookie player, he may have some struggles early on but better days are ahead.

Rhadigan is no doubt a nice, likable guy. Just seems better suited especially at this point for the reporting from around the park and the studio/post-game stuff.

ftwfrog

I really, truly enjoyed listening to Lewin. He made some August games very watchable when we were 25 games. I heard that Nolan didn't like all the extra curricular talk about entourage, and pop culture. Well, when the team is 18 games below .500 and you're getting beat 10-2, you have to fill time.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I really, truly enjoyed listening to Lewin. He made some August games very watchable when we were 25 games. I heard that Nolan didn't like all the extra curricular talk about entourage, and pop culture. Well, when the team is 18 games below .500 and you're getting beat 10-2, you have to fill time.
Not sure TAG was a big fan of Lewin's either though he did play along well for the most part. I didn't like Lewin at first but he grew on me and got used to him, And he did seem to do his research as far as players, numbers, etc. He was always prepared.

Give me though someone like Busby.