• The KillerFrogs

Random musings on post counts

Do you pay more attention to posters with high post counts?

• Yes.

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • No.

Votes: 52 65.8%
  • What in the Sam Hill sort of agenda are you working here, Newbomb?

Votes: 16 20.3%

• Total voters

go2frogs

Tier 1
I love reading this forum, but am not a very outgoing person online. I only post if I feel I have something of value to add to the discussion or to talk about my love of TCU. Whether someone posts once a month or five times a day does not really matter. Some post at times just for fun or because they have the time during the day to post a response to many things. I don't have a lot of time during the day, so I spend more reading certain threads than I do posting. Everyone is different and their situations are different, so I really don't pay much attention to how many posts someone has. But I do make note of who has donated to the forum and it's cause and who just uses it. What someone says is the most important factor of course in responding. But if you are looking for a status level to qualify posters, then whether or not they have contributed to the existence of the forum does have some bearing on just how passionate they really are about the school and/or it's football program. (It is not the level of donation that is important though, just that you try to give back to something that gives so much to you)

But I grew up next to TCU in Tanglewood and spent a lot of my pre and early teenage years hanging out at the TCU theatre watching double bills of great classic movies, buying records at Recordtown and racing slot cars at Bob Bolen's fantastic sports/toy store in Westcliff. and feel "connected" to the school since i was a kid. I could not afford the school when I went to college as I went to college when school loans (early 80's) were very new and still small comparatively to today, and my GI bill from the service was not enough for a private school tution, let alone all the other expenses. So I left Texas to go to school where my parents met each other and experience another area of the country as I also had a family member living in the area as well so I could be "In State".. University of Maryland (when Len Bias died and Boomer Esiason was the QB). Back then DC was a much better place to live than today. I still remember Howard Stern calling live on air to Air Florida asking how much a "ticket to the 14th street bridge would cost" after the winter air disaster of the Air Florida plane being over-iced and falling into the bridge and then breaking through the ice of the Potomac River and sinking to the bottom. The live music scene was the best I had experienced outside of Austin, but I was never a UT guy, so if I could not go to TCU, I was going to go somewhere to experience another part of the country. Funny, cause now I am about to move back to DFW, as I see it as my hometown and where my family is.. I look forward to hopefully catching a season ticket package early next year, once I have the move confirmed and completed. (For years I have come home for one game each year with my brother, and was able to catch the Clemson game in 2009. I am really itching to be able to see every home game and travel to some away games now that TCU is in the Big 12!!

Stiff Arm Frog

Great story man! Happy to hear that you are getting to come home, though I think you will find the campus has changed a bit since the early '80s.

Hope to see you at a few games next year, or at one of GP's Railhead summits.

go2frogs

Tier 1
Thanks. Did not even think about the "side benefits" of being in FW like the Railhead broadcasts, and other stuff. Man, now I am itching even more to close this house contract! (I have been thinking about Angelos BBQ and Joe T's and many other great FW food locations though).

I look forward to meeting you and many other posters who attend most or all of the games. I love Amon Carter field and the rebuild is one of the first in college football to keep the true 30's-40s' feel of the stadium history yet still being as modern or more than many existing stadiums on some of the largest campus settings in the country. It follows the idea that Camden Yards in Baltimore set and Rangers Ballpark continued. Old type baseball feel, yet modern and flowing open archetecture that maximizes the experience. Lucky for me I have always liked the East Side and I still might have a chance at club seats on that side (I hope).