• The KillerFrogs

Quick Report from San Diego

Froglaw

1. Qual Com is located in a very pretty setting.

2. Qual Com is showing its age.

3. The Referees seemed to get in the way of a sloppy game and made it seem even more sloppy.

4. The field reminded me more of the Mobile Bowl than of a NFL stadium.

5. TCU has great fans. Those that came made some noise.

6. We will miss our Tank.

7. Future looks bright for next year and beyond.

8. Dan Sharp (special teams coach) is very good at what he does. Frogs seemed to forget his lessons last night.

9. A another ring for the Patterson special box and another trophy for the case.

10. Good day to be alive and a Frog all at the same time.

See you guys at the basketball and baseball games. Go Frogs!!!!!!

An-Cap Frog

Our coverage and return gamse have been consistently good over the years. However, we struggled this year to find a sure-handed PR. I hope this is something they can stress in the sping and find someone to take that role.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Sharp wasn't the guy out there muffing kicks. All he can do as a coach is put a player in position, and instruct him properly, and hope that said player follows his lessons.

We had two ghastly errors this season on return duty. You'd think the coach wouldn't have to mention what to do and what not to do after the first one... Who was it that famously said, "Son, you're better blessed to die at birth than to fumble a football."

If the returners actually held onto the ball, the blocking was usually magnificent. This is also part of the Special Teams duty, and it is never mentioned even though it has been fabulous for the last several years.

It must also be pointed out that the La. Tech punter was a goofy-foot. The Patriots have a goofy-foot for their punter, too, and they have an NFL record number of muffs. There's something about a lefty kicker....

It was a learning experience that didn't kill us. We will be stronger for it.

oldscribe

Sharp wasn't the guy out there muffing kicks. All he can do as a coach is put a player in position, and instruct him properly, and hope that said player follows his lessons.

We had two ghastly errors this season on return duty. You'd think the coach wouldn't have to mention what to do and what not to do after the first one... Who was it that famously said, "Son, you're better blessed to die at birth than to fumble a football."

If the returners actually held onto the ball, the blocking was usually magnificent. This is also part of the Special Teams duty, and it is never mentioned even though it has been fabulous for the last several years.

It must also be pointed out that the La. Tech punter was a goofy-foot. The Patriots have a goofy-foot for their punter, too, and they have an NFL record number of muffs. There's something about a lefty kicker....

It was a learning experience that didn't kill us. We will be stronger for it.
I remember bac k in the late 1960s Frogs looked for a punter and in practice had a reserve lineman (Gilliland? something like that) do some punting. He was left-footed and no one could catch his punts.