• The KillerFrogs

QueJo - so much talent on this team

Goo PM ONLY

E4D59814-FB64-4953-BCB1-2768E259A6D7.jpegGooFrog was having a hard time watching this team struggle the past few years. I think removing GP was the right call. Time will tell. We have so many talented players on this team and I felt like GP was stubborn to favor upperclassman. I realize they know the system and paid their dues but we have the talent to win B12 and instead we were 3-5 (1-4 in conf). GP was 13-18 in conference over the last 3.5 years in conference. With our talent and him being the 8th highest paid coach in the nation, Frogs expected more.

So excited to see the talent on display against #12 Baylor. Chandler is a stud and was #32 recruit in state of Texas. HP coaches claim he’s 4.4 speed (yes I realize hs coaches but he was very mobile Saturday and it helped). He was like 27-2 as a starter and 16-0 state champ. There’s a reason OU fought his transfer so hard. The players I spoke to said Morris should be starting all along but GP had his mind made up. I felt like the OC was also free to open his playbook. We had flea flicker, halfback pass, reverse pass, deep balls, option, etc. There was a noticeable difference in play calling and I hope we keep it more aggressive like Saturday.

Que-Jo is a stud. He was #9 recruit in state of Texas. He set B12 freshman record for yards per catch (22.1) last year.

Shadrach Banks was the #18 recruit in the state of Texas. Judging by the ease of this, he’s a freak at over 250 lbs.

Zach Evans was the #1 recruit in Texas and #2 RB recruit in the nation. He averaged 7.7 yards per carry last year and is a great student and person.

I’m so excited! We all love GP. I had so much fun watching our blitzes, Rose Bowl, beating UT regularly, solid tackling, packed house, integrity, etc. Saturday was a needed change though. I hope we build on this. Go Frogs

TRF51

Not sure how much longer Zach Evans will be here but the Offense and how are look to be doing things that make sense makes me think he might actually come back. We need him to play this week.

Goo PM ONLY

I feel good about Zach. I spoke to him recently and seems like he loves his teammates, the school, town, etc. Hes also making great grades. Now he’s on a team with an exciting offense. I feel like he’d be smart to stay when he has such a good fit. I realize outsiders (like an agent) could push for more NIL. If I didn’t know him, I’d be very concerned watching him sit out. But look how excited he is on sidelines. I’m a Zach believer. He’s a Frog

4th. down

Can’t wait to see how we do against OSU
Big anticipation but Gundy after reviewing film, will not make the same mistakes Aranda did.......reduce the QB blitz, no 4 man rush with a blitz and 2 safeties on the top, more of a 3-3-5 to take the middle of the field away from Chandler and make him go vertical where Gundy will be playing press coverage. Of course we can cross Gundy up and start Downing.o_O

Goo PM ONLY

They won’t overlook us either. At 1-4, it’s possible Bears weren’t expecting much from us. Now OkSt has seen it and will be ready. That said, the combination of Evans/Morris/Cujo with an OL that looked great, we can beat anyone

2themax

Big anticipation but Gundy after reviewing film, will not make the same mistakes Aranda did.......reduce the QB blitz, no 4 man rush with a blitz and 2 safeties on the top, more of a 3-3-5 to take the middle of the field away from Chandler and make him go vertical where Gundy will be playing press coverage. Of course we can cross Gundy up and start Downing.o_O
I'll take verts all game long with QJ QB BC DD & TB.
As long as Morris can deliver it.
Let's run their db's legs off.

Our Blitzes under Gary seemed to be fewer than the past. They were very predictable and didn’t fool any offenses any longer. I like how our defense played and came from different angles confusing Baylor’s qb.

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
It was weird how much better OL. Not sure what changed and Baylor supposed to be solid DL. It was like a full 1-2 seconds more protection. Plus CM good at feeling pressure and escaping (apa Dalton)
O Line definitely played better and it helps when your QB houdinis out of a few sacks. Not a knock on the OL but a compliment to Morris

Goo PM ONLY

Our Blitzes under Gary seemed to be fewer than the past. They were very predictable and didn’t fool any offenses any longer. I like how our defense played and came from different angles confusing Baylor’s qb.
Exactly. I felt like our MWC defense has crazy blitzes. CB, safeties you never knew. Godbolt sacking Nebraska QB comes to mind. He said he’d never been hit that hard. And of course, the Peach Bowl was a clinic in defense.

Limey Frog

View attachment 10040GooFrog was having a hard time watching this team struggle the past few years. I think removing GP was the right call. Time will tell. We have so many talented players on this team and I felt like GP was stubborn to favor upperclassman. I realize they know the system and paid their dues but we have the talent to win B12 and instead we were 3-5 (1-4 in conf). GP was 13-18 in conference over the last 3.5 years in conference. With our talent and him being the 8th highest paid coach in the nation, Frogs expected more.

So excited to see the talent on display against #12 Baylor. Chandler is a stud and was #32 recruit in state of Texas. HP coaches claim he’s 4.4 speed (yes I realize hs coaches but he was very mobile Saturday and it helped). He was like 27-2 as a starter and 16-0 state champ. There’s a reason OU fought his transfer so hard. The players I spoke to said Morris should be starting all along but GP had his mind made up. I felt like the OC was also free to open his playbook. We had flea flicker, halfback pass, reverse pass, deep balls, option, etc. There was a noticeable difference in play calling and I hope we keep it more aggressive like Saturday.

Que-Jo is a stud. He was #9 recruit in state of Texas. He set B12 freshman record for yards per catch (22.1) last year.

Shadrach Banks was the #18 recruit in the state of Texas. Judging by the ease of this, he’s a freak at over 250 lbs.

Zach Evans was the #1 recruit in Texas and #2 RB recruit in the nation. He averaged 7.7 yards per carry last year and is a great student and person.

I’m so excited! We all love GP. I had so much fun watching our blitzes, Rose Bowl, beating UT regularly, solid tackling, packed house, integrity, etc. Saturday was a needed change though. I hope we build on this. Go Frogs

I watched the TCU-Oklahoma game with a buddy of mine who played for Oregon back in the day, and who has coached high school football off and on for 30 years. The first big play that QJ made my friend said basically: "TCU is obviously going to lose this game; no team with a player like that on it should be getting beat this easily and obviously."

Nick Danger

I would like to raise one dour note from the game Saturday. I don't know if it was due, in part, to our running game being hobbled but I noticed that Baylor did a much better job of scoring touchdowns when they got down close. We had to settle for too many field goal attempts (5). If we could have converted even just those two field goal attempts that we missed, or were blocked, that would have given us 14 more points. Having a final score of 44 - 28 would have been a borderline blowout!

Goo PM ONLY

I watched the TCU-Oklahoma game with a buddy of mine who played for Oregon back in the day, and who has coached high school football off and on for 30 years. The first big play that QJ made my friend said basically: "TCU is obviously going to lose this game; no team with a player like that on it should be getting beat this easily and obviously."
Sorta weird statement. Qujo is a great player, so you will lose the game. But I think I get what he’s saying with underutilized talent.

Limey Frog

Sorta weird statement. Qujo is a great player, so you will lose the game. But I think I get what he’s saying with underutilized talent.

Indeed; that's the point. He understands football on a far deeper level than I ever will. He has passingly little exposure to TCU football in particular. It took him mere minutes to precisely diagnose TCU's problems, and QJ stood out as the most salient example of the underlying phenomenon--there are obviously great individual players (a few of them all-America calibre talent) on a team that plays beneath the sum of its parts due, recently, to poor coaching. You don't have to be a disgruntled TCU fan hoping for better to watch the frogs and diagnose that.

Here's hoping that the squad gets back very soon to being the kind of outfit in which the QJs of the college football universe won't feel criminally wasted.