• The KillerFrogs

QJ’s Ankle

illini_frog

Hadn’t seen this in a specific thread so has anybody heard more details about his ankle and availability for Texas?

Fully believe his presence on field is worth 10-14 points just as it opens the box and gives Max a chance to make deep throws whenever he’s in single coverage and that could be deciding factor in game vs Texas coming up.

If his ankle is no good I’m more than willing to give him mine if there’s a medical technique for that. #QJAnkleWatch

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I read somewhere that he was held out as a precaution. Don't have any idea if that was true or not. He did start the game but came out on the first series.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
#33 said Max and QJ could take the week off and he'd just haul the entire team across the finish line on his back, walking over Tech like roadkill as he went.

Rest of the offense will show up ready to go in Austin.

Max took some shots this week. Didn't seem to have the same acceleration. He was slower to decide to run as if coaches didn't want him keeping the ball as much. Hopefully he can be ready to go at full speed Saturday night. With all the dropped balls against Tech, we gotta have him and QJ ready to rumble.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I know Wiley had his hands full with tech's DE but if QJ can't go then we need Wiley the receiving TE, not Wiley the blocking TE. Riley needs to gameplan for that.

No one is going to be able to replace what QJ brings to the table but having Jared out there as a receiver will definitely help Max out.