• The KillerFrogs

Purplehaze Reports

sotex toad

Purplehaze Reports

Im hearing some very disturbing news today on the TCU back channels. There have been multiple posts this morning on the message boards, from some posters who have shown to be very much on the inside, including one who I know works in the ADs office. Basically, they are saying that the SEC did in fact begin to talk more seriously to TCU about joining in recent weeks, and that the Big XII schools quickly moved to prevent this from happening. We have been talking to the SEC for over a year, meaning we have been bugging them and trying to sell TCU, and they have kinda said, "that’s nice, but we have some other schools higher on the list we are talking too as well". We kinda left them alone until the A&M deal, knowing they would need a 14th. But, in the last few weeks, (maybe the Wetzel article had an impact) the tone from the SEC got serious, and some folks were starting to think going into the last weekend, that maybe TCU could actually be the 14th SEC team. Then, this week that dream died a sudden death.

Apparently, some Big XII officials made a quiet handshake deal that if the SEC would refrain from offering TCU, then the Big XII schools would back away from the legal roadblock they have been trying to throw up to stop A&M from joining. SEC always had A&M higher than TCU, and so the agreed to back off and told TCU sorry. The news gets even more disturbing as apparently this BigXII move was agreed to by most of the BigXII, but for different reasons. Supposedly the majority of the teams agreed to it, as a condition that the BigXII would invite TCU, a move that OU for one is in favor of. But then after the Big XII got the SEC to back off, then UT basically reneged on the TCU invite. Essentially, the second part of this is that UT has turned on the rest of the Big XII on inviting TCU, and is instead trying to talk to numerous other schools about a Big XII invite. This matches with some of the rumors that have been reported this week, that the Big XII is looking at BYU, WVU, and Louisville. The WVU and Louisville rumors are particularly unsettling for TCU because it further destabilizes the Big East.

I know some of you will dismiss this as message board chatter but the people who have posted this are not you every day clowns. On the Rivals pay site, there is one guy who is never wrong when he divulges what is going on inside the Justin Center (Athletic Dept), one guy that we know works in the ADs office has basically said that all this information was in fact relayed to our AD from various other Conference officials. It appears as though UT in particular is doing everything it can to keep TCU from joining the SEC, the BigXII, and even destabilizing the BE by trying to grab some of those schools for the crumbling BigXII instead! One poster even pointed out that before this latest round of rumors that had the 4 Big XII schools (UT,Tech,OU,OkSt) going to the PAC 12, that the PAC officials had been in contact with TCU joining! There was quote from PAC commissioner Larry Scott that TCU was someone they were looking at, last month, then BAM! a fresh set of rumors about UT going to the PAC with OU, OKSt, and Tech in tow. This has already died down and has no substance, but its sure took the focus off of TCU to the PAC.

Army Frog Fan

lumberg.jpg

Ummmm...Riiiigggghhhttt

BogeyGolf7

right now, everything is message board chatter
there is nothing that I can do about any of this, so I think I will just wait and see what happens

Houston Frog

Not that anyone believes this dude with 8 posts, but this guy just made up the part about the post on the "Rivals pay site". Pretty sure I read every damn post over there, and don't think I saw that.

cdsfrog

Not that anyone believes this dude with 8 posts, but this guy just made up the part about the post on the "Rivals pay site". Pretty sure I read every damn post over there, and don't think I saw that.

this story is way too big to be kept quiet.

Elements of truth lie within it, but the general premiss of the story is not accurate.

West Texas Frog

Not sure what is fact or fiction anymore with this mess, but I would not question anything that ut is trying to do in crippling TCU. It is old fashioned geopolitics. Our neighbor to the south feels very insecure about the growing strength of TCU's overall athletic program. ut wants its hegemony over the entire state of Texas and the region for that matter. It has allies in high places like ESPN and through clever back door moves is getting what they want with big 12 members and other conferences. Only aggy, Nebraska and Colorado have balked. Mizzou wants out of town as well and can't wait to take the first flight out if the SEC beckons. :ph34r:

YCBJ Frog

You honestly think that schools like Baylor would sign off on their legal right to sue A&M, just so the Big 12 would have us available to fill A&M's shoes/just to keep us out of the SEC?

Conference realignment brings out the stupid in people. They're so caught up in the idea that this is all a big soap opera, that they throw all logic out the window, including the logic behind a quid pro quo agreement being both balanced and beneficial for both sides.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
And then Captain Ahab Dodds said, "Aye, aye! It was that accursed purple frog that razed me; made a poor pegging lubber of me for ever and a day!" Then tossing both arms, with measureless imprecations he shouted out: "Aye, aye! and I'll chase him round the PAC-12, and round the SEC, and round the Big East, and round perdition's flames before I give him up. And this is what ye have shipped for, my Big XII minions, to chase that purple frog on both sides of land, and over all sides of earth, till he spouts purple blood and rolls claws out."

sotex toad

I just copied an email from a Texas grad that sent it to me. I did not write any of the email. Just forwarding it on.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
If at all true, I'd think there would be an interference with contract, or some other tort based law suit that could be justifiably aimed at UT by TCU.

Not to be Ken Star-ish, but UT would be doing more than raiding one conference to get better teams, (or in the SEC's case accepting another conference's team) but going out of its way to economically damage a rival. This isn't colatteral damage, twice removed, as is BU's case, but a discrete and particular malice directied at at one rival school..and that despite the economic benefit having it in the Big-XII might have had to UT and the other XII members.

cdsfrog

[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1316640541' post='926704']
You honestly think that schools like Baylor would sign off on their legal right to sue A&M, just so the Big 12 would have us available to fill A&M's shoes/just to keep us out of the SEC?

Conference realignment brings out the stupid in people. They're so caught up in the idea that this is all a big soap opera, that they throw all logic out the window, including the logic behind a quid pro quo agreement being both balanced and beneficial for both sides.
[/quote]

+1 million