• The KillerFrogs

Purke Out Indefinitely

cdsfrog

injury related, some dead arm issue.

Definitely not mechanics. It sucks but I think it's best for Purke. Hope he's ok and he should definitely be back next year at this point he wouldnt be a 1st round pick.

amfurman10

injury related, some dead arm issue.

Definitely not mechanics. It sucks but I think it's best for Purke. Hope he's ok and he should definitely be back next year at this point he wouldnt be a 1st round pick.

Umm...no. He will still be a top 10 pick and he will be back this year.

cdsfrog

Umm...no. He will still be a top 10 pick and he will be back this year.

Top 10? He's throwing the low 80s in the 4th inning. Not sure why you think at this point you think with no identifiable injury he would be a top 10 pick at this stage. He has all the potential in the world but he needs to be healthy to be a top 10 pick.

Houston Frog

If I had to bet money on Purke either being a top 10 pick, or being back at TCU next year, I'd probably go with top 10 pick..... only one thing is for sure though, and that's that we just don't know enough about his condition at this point to be certain either way.

If it's just a case of dead arm, which as I understand it isn't a long-term condition, teams would be silly to drop him real far down their boards. But if it's more, his draft stock could obviously be seriously effected.

halfwaytoheaven

So wait is he likely done for the year or is he likely to be back this season?

He'll most likely pitch again this season. The question is whether his draft status is hurt enough to bring him back to TCU next year. Probably not, but it's at least in the realm of possibility now, something it definitely was not two months ago.

TCUdirtbag

I'm sure they're taking an abundance of caution with that arm. I won't be a bit surprised if this is one of those "not as big of a deal a it could've been" situations. I hope so both fr him and the team. I do think, though, that his poorer overall performance and health issues may be a little paranoia, and it makes me wonder where his head is---not sure he has the leadership and motivation to take this team the distance. Last year he had time on his side, wasn't staring down the draft, and seemed to play with more heart and confidence. Still though, he's got a killer arm and will go far.