• The KillerFrogs

PSA - LT induction speech next

FrogCop19

Back on track... LT just got us some recruits, methinks. Quite possibly one of the greatest frogs to represent our university in the last 50 years.

CountryFrog

A great man, a great message, and a great ambassador for TCU. So glad to see this all over social media and all of the great responses...well, except for those (including some supposed frog fans) who see it as an opportunity to blindly spew their vitriolic partisan hate.
What did he say that anyone could possibly have a problem with? Some people just love to get mad about things and show the world how passionate they are behind their keyboard.

What did he say that anyone could possibly have a problem with? Some people just love to get mad about things and show the world how passionate they are behind their keyboard.

Weird, I haven't seen anything. Easley got a little off the rails at the end of an, otherwise, good speech; but LT toed the line perfectly. Other than quoting Obama, I don't see how it can be seen as partisan. In fact, he did it much better than Obama ever did.

ifrog

He should have probably quoted Trump to satisfy some of you. (I can't imagine what he would quote). It was a great speech can we not all agree on that?

ftwfrog

He should have probably quoted Trump to satisfy some of you. (I can't imagine what he would quote). It was a great speech can we not all agree on that?
I think he did mention how hard he worked and grabbing workouts by the [ muschi ] earlier in his speech, no?

CountryFrog

It really could've just as easily been a Bible quote or a quote from a well known business man as a quote from a former President as the quote itself had nothing political in it at all.

Frogcrates

In my opinion he said absolutely nothing whatsoever that was even the least bit bad or controversial. However, apparently the mere utterance of the name of a particular former president via quotation is enough for some to go off about that in their twitter replies. To be very clear, I'm talking about a very few and by no means most or even a lot. I guess when seeing a few of those such replies it stood out to me as so bizarre given the circumstances and such a sign of hyper-polarization that I commented to that effect.

Sorry for getting us off track, let's please get back to enjoying this moment.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
It really could've just as easily been a Bible quote or a quote from a well known business man as a quote from a former President as the quote itself had nothing political in it at all.

Agree, I don't think he could have said anything more nonpartisan and all encompassing or all inclusive. Loved his heartfelt words!