• The KillerFrogs

Predictions on whether Rangers playoff game conflicts with SMU game on Saturday?

K

kdaltcu

So does that mean someone who doesn't go to the playoff game is not a true Rangers fan?

No, it just means you should be here right now: http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?folderId=1&listMode=13&nav=messages&webtag=ml-rangers

instead of here: www.killerfrogs.com

If you are planning on missing TCU's biggest game at home this season against our biggest rival in order to watch game 1 of a first round MLB playoff game then you are not a true Frog fan. Just my opinion

What if being at the game with my dad and brother watching the sport and team we love means more to me than being at the TCU game, which my dad and brother could care less about? Am I not being a true son and brother? What if we take my 81-year-old grandfather that just finished 8 weeks of chemo for his second bout with cancer and we honestly don't know hom much longer he has and this might be the last great moment of his life? You're right...I'm not a true Frog fan.

This is the same BS we went through last year.

Rangers have more pitching than anyone Tampa has seen lately in AL East - especially Boston, Balt and Yanks in cruise control.

The same could be said for TB or for most of MLB for that matter. That's one thing that drives me nuts about September baseball. Rosters expand and all of a sudden, you don't play with the same set of rules you do the rest of the season and many teams mail it in by testing out young talent. Did you see what the A's and M's have been throwing out there lately? I think in the last two weeks the Rangers faced Vaginal Slice Born Born and Wakahookey Nelson at least twice.

Say what you want about TB but they are a team that scares me in a short series.

K

kdaltcu

What if being at the game with my dad and brother watching the sport and team we love means more to me than being at the TCU game, which my dad and brother could care less about? Am I not being a true son and brother? What if we take my 81-year-old grandfather that just finished 8 weeks of chemo for his second bout with cancer and we honestly don't know hom much longer he has and this might be the last great moment of his life? You're right...I'm not a true Frog fan.

This is the same BS we went through last year.

Calm down, obviously your points are valid. Go to the Rangers game, have a blast. Your a good human, just sounds like you prefer the Rangers over the Frogs. Nothing is wrong with that. Or you fill the need to be with family, nothing wrong with that either.

My point is, our players are going to NEED a rowdy crowd come Saturday afternoon, especially at kickoff. If this game has the same intensity as Utah 2009, which I know it wont be anything like that, but if full and loud, then Frogs come out swinging and we blow the Ponnies away and gain full momentum for SDST. Rangers game will be filled regardless, AGC will not. So if you dont have all the excuses as stated above, then skip the baseball game and get your [Craig James] in the stands!

UltimateFrog

Rangers game will be filled regardless, AGC will not. So if you dont have all the excuses as stated above, then skip the baseball game and get your [Craig James] in the stands!

Also, it's baseball and I don't think it matters if there's 1 or 50k in the stands. It's boring and slow. The guy isn't going to throw any harder or swing any better if they've got a wild crowd behind them.

In football in certainly energizes the players when there is a good crowd.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The same could be said for TB or for most of MLB for that matter. That's one thing that drives me nuts about September baseball. Rosters expand and all of a sudden, you don't play with the same set of rules you do the rest of the season and many teams mail it in by testing out young talent. Did you see what the A's and M's have been throwing out there lately? I think in the last two weeks the Rangers faced Vaginal Slice Born Born and Wakahookey Nelson at least twice.

Say what you want about TB but they are a team that scares me in a short series.

Good grief, do what you want to do, what you got to do.

curt3301

No brainer. TCU football trumps everything else. Besides it's the first round. If it were the world series then maybe i could understand if some people might not show up (not me tho since i like football and dont care too much for baseball) but its just the first round. We always have built in excuses for why our fans dont show up. Rangers baseball cant be one of them. TCU has been around way longer than the rangers and TCU football has been good for way longer than the rangers have. Show your support to the most tenured of the two. Not to mention its a rivalry game, and we cant let SMew outnumber us in our own damn stadium for any reason.

Go Frogs!!!

curt3301

You think only 500 TCU fans are going to show up?

I guess you and phormerphrog didnt go to our first two home games huh?? SMew could bring a lot more fans than they did back in 09. The team is much better this year than that year. We havnt done a great job of showing up to these early games (west side of the stadium). So SMew could show up and equal/outnumber us if we have the same lazy, late, rangers are more important that the horned frogs fan mentality.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
I guess you and phormerphrog didnt go to our first two home games huh?? SMew could bring a lot more fans than they did back in 09. The team is much better this year than that year. We havnt done a great job of showing up to these early games (west side of the stadium). So SMew could show up and equal/outnumber us if we have the same lazy, late, rangers are more important that the horned frogs fan mentality.

yeah...OK.....

Because if somebody doesn't show up they just re-sell the ticket.....

And yes I was at both games. I'm still recovering from the forearm shiver Scott gave me during the ULaMon game....