• The KillerFrogs

Prediction Thread: Frogs vs Eers

cdsfrog

We gave up 31 to OSU who's offense is superior to SMU. So that argument holds no water.

Perhaps, our defense was close to F against SMU. I would say it was closer to A against OSU. So near best effort was 31 points against OSU

Maybe WVUs QB doesnt have a great game like OSU but if he does I think its safe to assume they score alot.

WVU offense > OSU offense in my opinion. We shall see

dawg

WVU - 27
Frogs - 44

Frogs come out on fire, and DA, Hicks, and Carnage combine for 300 yards rushing.

Purp

we gave up 35 to SMU. Their offense is 10x better.

Not saying we lose i think think we win. But we give up at least 30, probably like 44-34
They got 35 on gimmick plays and sloppy Frog football early. Two early fumbles on promising drives led to SMU scores in the first half and then they got a late TD once the game was already out of hand. Frogs D didn't play very well in that game (though we did successfully contain their big play threat) and could easily have held them under 20 points.

Frogs D played much better against OSU. Relax.

Frogs control the clock on the ground again b/c WVU D is not 100% and don't allow WVU to get much going on offense similar to @OSU. The difference Saturday is that the defense doesn't get smoked by 140 degree temps in the 4th quarter and WVU isn't able to climb back in. Frogs by at least 3 TDs. Will go with 55-24 for a final.

Last edited:

TX_Krötenechse

WVU offense is good but nowhere near as good as OSU’s. They’ve got great stats against really [ Finebaum ]ty teams. And even if they do light the scoreboard up, our offense is just as good - we are only three spots behind them in points per game against better competition.

Our strengths match up really well with their weaknesses, and we showed against OSU that we can defend against their offensive strengths.

If we can limit big plays and get our run game going, then we should win with a minimum of butt clenching.

cdsfrog

If we crush which like most predictions suggest I think we have a decent shot to beat OU and perhaps go undefeated. With Kenny hill....oh the board reaction would be glorious

Purp is right gimmick plays blew up but I hated seeing us play so [ Finebaum ]ty against them. Versus I loved what I saw against OSU. If they can't get up for this game though I would be livid.

ifrog

If we crush which like most predictions suggest I think we have a decent shot to beat OU and perhaps go undefeated. With Kenny hill....oh the board reaction would be glorious

Purp is right gimmick plays blew up but I hated seeing us play so [ crappy ] against them. Versus I loved what I saw against OSU. If they can't get up for this game though I would be livid.

Yep it would

cdsfrog

WVU offense is good but nowhere near as good as OSU’s. They’ve got great stats against really [ crappy ] teams. And even if they do light the scoreboard up, our offense is just as good - we are only three spots behind them in points per game against better competition.

Our strengths match up really well with their weaknesses, and we showed against OSU that we can defend against their offensive strengths.

If we can limit big plays and get our run game going, then we should win with a minimum of butt clenching.

Haha good analysis. I tend to agree if all of that happens.

Sebastian S

We are going to lose at least 1 game.

Odds of going undefeated is pretty low plus a loss rejuvenates and relights the fire in the team.

Which 1 loss? I am not sure but if I had to choose, either OU, OSU or WVU.

LSU Game Attendee

We are going to lose at least 1 game.

Odds of going undefeated is pretty low plus a loss rejuvenates and relights the fire in the team.

Which 1 loss? I am not sure but if I had to choose, either OU, OSU or WVU.
No reverse gambler's fallacy allowed! Each game is independent! (unless we allow somebody to "beat us twice")

ifrog

ESPN Predictions:

No. 23 West Virginia at No. 8 TCU, 3:30 p.m. (FS1)

Khan: Gary Patterson is 17-0 at home when TCU is ranked in the top 10. Oh, and the Horned Frogs get Kyle Hicks back. TCU 34, West Virginia 27

Trotter: Will Grier and David Sills can move the ball. But TCU might have one of the two best defenses in the Big 12, and Kenny Hill is playing out of his mind. TCU 31, West Virginia 21

concordmountaineer

I'll play along. Can TCU play an A+ game two games in a row? Unlikely. WVU can and will score points. They are also prone to give up a lot of points. WVU will sell out against the run and force Hill to beat them throwing the ball. I don't see a 45-17 type of game nor a 44-40 type of game. All the talk is on TCU's running game but WVU has three pretty dang good backs as well. TCU should win, but closer than the experts think. 24-20 or 24-17. The longer TCU lets WVU stay around, the better their chance is. Bet on the under.