• The KillerFrogs

Post-Game Press Conference…

Rabidfrog

His interview sounds like there is no ownership of any part of this team by Dykes. He doesn't know anything about why the things that are happening are happening. He's a politician and not a coach. Gotta take ownership.
things are hard to fix sometimes with teenaged boys.

Rabidfrog

The last time I worked in China, (11 years ago) 1 of the guys I was working with ask me if I wanted to see where Nike was made. We arrived around shift change. The number of young children workers coming in and out of the factory was very sad. It looked like an elementary school letting out. Have not bought anything with that logo since and never will. Will no longer wear what I already bought.
thanks for this. Last time I will buy Nike.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!

6:25 mark- We've got to do a better job of coaching. And then mentions it again near the end of the video.

So at least Sonny knows that the coaching has work to do.

Dogfrog

When your QBs don’t know where to go with the ball and throw lots of INTs (this is not the first game) it’s on the OC. They are not being instructed well enough. Just look to the east in Arlington, once they jettisoned Kellen Moore, Prescott’s INT rate has dropped significantly.

On the Hoover INT, the WR was wide opened down the seam for a TD. Instead he threw into double coverage.
Hoover was 24 of 36, 302 yards, 1 INT, 2 TD’s. Not bad for a Freshman vs UT, and considering they don’t seem to be letting him run to keep drives alive. He’s not a better qb than Max but better than Max was as a freshman IMO.

JugbandFrog

When you hire a bunch of inexperienced boobs underneath you, expertise is precisely what you need at the top to correct or recognize when someone is doing something wrong. If you don't have that skill, then you part of the problem.
Yep. You have got to coach your coaches just like your players. Patterson's deal was he didn't coach up his defensive coaches like he should have

PO Frog

When you hire a bunch of inexperienced boobs underneath you, expertise is precisely what you need at the top to correct or recognize when someone is doing something wrong. If you don't have that skill, then you part of the problem.
Can you name the various inexperienced boobs underneath Dykes? Just a simple list will do.

Toad Jones

Not could-da but should-da won that game. Just needed someone to catch a ball now and then and someone who could throw it ===to the guys wearing purple.

Simply... Sonny just does not come across as a Power 5 coach. I find him a displeasure on many, many fronts! I'm sure a few good men with inside tracks have mentioned this several times to Donati, voicing their negative opinions as well. Donati won't publicly admit to the hiring mistake, BUT alumni are increasingly finding Dykes objectionable. The THOUGHT of him as head coach for next year bothers me tremendously, especially concerning the growth of this program! We had everything going for this program last year and now looking at how big a loss this program is headed for!

If I'm Donati, I do not know how he can face the thousands of donor dollars (millions and millions) with a reasonable explanation!!

Oh, and hate to tell ut folks, but the horns are not a top-ten team! I expected more from them! Even my wife said they're not that good.