• The KillerFrogs

Picture of Meach.....

FBallFan123

There was sideline shot of him during the game where he looked physically ill.

I guess 21 total yards on offense will do that to a coach.

I don’t know all that went down with Meacham on his way out of TCU - or since - but I get the feeling from some on the board it wasn’t all good.

It’s unfortunate that things deteriorated with Meacham so quickly from the heights of the Boykin years, but it seems to have been for the best for TCU.

talor

I feel bad for the guy. As other said, I don’t know what happened and what the back story is on their parting of ways. However, I wish him success and I know he’s gotta feel defeated. My heart goes out to the guy and hope he bounces back.
The back story is he was losing his play calling duties at TCU because he was very bad last year. We were giving the keys to Cumbie because he is the future of the staff and a dynamite recruiter. Meach could either get on board or get out of the way. He left to work with Beaty. I don’t like seeing him hurting bc he helped us have some great years but he made the reality he lives in.

JurisFrog

On the post game radio interview with Estridge Patterson said that Meach was a good guy, along with Beaty and Perry. He sounded a little embarrassed almost about how bad TCU beat those guys

Frogcrates

Y.A_Tittle_2.jpg

davidburnett218754.jpg

24xnk42.jpg
Big difference in that those are all on the field (and one is a Baylor fan being a little [ hundin] while watching his sports dreams crushed, which is always appropriate to share).

Meacham clearly went to that spot for some amount of privacy and likely because he didn't want his players to see it.

I think we can all feel okay with him being unsuccessful as a coach because he chose to go to Kansas (what did he expect) and because things were a little raw when he left, but that doesn't excuse stripping a man of his dignity.

I'll put it this way... if that photo was first sent to GMFP for approval before being tweeted do you think he signs off on it? If the answer is no, then we can stop all this talk about how this photo/tweet is okay because there was some bad blood between him and the TCU coaching staff.

Last edited:

smufrogger

The back story is he was losing his play calling duties at TCU because he was very bad last year. We were giving the keys to Cumbie because he is the future of the staff and a dynamite recruiter. Meach could either get on board or get out of the way. He left to work with Beaty. I don’t like seeing him hurting bc he helped us have some great years but he made the reality he lives in.

It's tough to face the facts that others are better than you. Meach is clearly not a great Oc and yet great players can make you look better than you are. This talk of him being a head coach is baffling. He's not a good coach. The truth don't care about feelings

netty2424

Really back and forth on this photo.
It's tough to face the facts that others are better than you. Meach is clearly not a great Oc and yet great players can make you look better than you are. This talk of him being a head coach is baffling. He's not a good coach. The truth don't care about feelings
little excessive imo.

tcumaniac

I feel awful for the guy. I know things didn't really end on great terms... and last year's product on the field left a really bad taste in our mouths. But from what all I know, Meach is a really good guy with a great family that loves Fort Worth (wife still lives here for their kids to go to school).

What a humiliating experience he had to go through last night... on national tv, in a stadium full of friends from his years at tcu in front of administrators like Del Conte and Boschini, in front of a student section that was probably giving him [ Finebaum ] all game, across the field from his old co-workers and friends. Across from kids that were his players less than a year ago. Across from his old partner in crime sonny Cumbie. The guy that used to be his inferior. Trying to coach against a school that he used to call his family. A school where was recently calling plays for a national championship caliber team just a few short years ago.

And then. He goes and has the fewest yards by a team in the history of the big 12. And has to go back to Lawrence, Kansas. A town that doesn't care about football. Doesn't have good facilities or players. And I'm sure he's just heartbroken trying to figure out where it all went wrong.

Last edited:

Ray Finkle

And has to go back to Lawrence Kansas. A town that sucks.
I was going to give you a like until this comment. Come party with me in Lawrence next year and you'll change your mind. Might lose your wife in the process.

Lawrence is a college town and a great one at that. Do yourself a favor and go to a basketball game at The Fieldhouse. It's one of the best venues in sports. If you went Lawrence and didn't have a good time, you did it wrong.

Frogs1983

I treat Meach like I do Fran. Appreciate their contributions to helping the Frogs get where they are at now, but realize both got the worse end of things when they moved on. The grass is not always greener elsewhere.

tetonfrog

IAnd then. He goes and has the fewest yards by a team in the history of he big 12. And has to go back to Lawrence Kansas. A town that sucks. That doesn't care about football. Doesn't have good facilities or players. And I'm sure he's just heartbroken trying to figure out where it all went wrong.

Lawrence is a fun, fun town. I lived there for three years and loved it before moving back to Jackson Hole five-plus years ago. You just hate KU and your ignorance shows. Mass St. is a blast and I really dug running around Clinton Lake.

And Lawrence was a great football town when Mangino coached there. They sold out their crappy stadium every week. But former AD Lew Perkins destroyed the football program when he ran off Mangino and fired him for [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] reasons.

Meach knew what he was getting into when he took the job. Now, after two straight shutouts, he has to try to revive an offense that has quit on him. Good luck to him.

Dogfrog

If it was GP’s vision to adjust the offense to be more balanced / TOP oriented, it certainly has worked. It takes fuller advantage of a talented defense.

To what extent this led to the moves with Meach and Cumbie I don’t know. Coaches calling Meach for tips on how to beat TCU will end now. Wish him well.

Ron Swanson

Lawrence is a fun, fun town. I lived there for three years and loved it before moving back to Jackson Hole five-plus years ago. You just hate KU and your ignorance shows. Mass St. is a blast and I really dug running around Clinton Lake.

And Lawrence was a great football town when Mangino coached there. They sold out their crappy stadium every week. But former AD Lew Perkins destroyed the football program when he ran off Mangino and fired him for [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] reasons.

Meach knew what he was getting into when he took the job. Now, after two straight shutouts, he has to try to revive an offense that has quit on him. Good luck to him.
I’ve never been to Lawrence, but I’ve heard from a bunch of different people it is a very cool city