• The KillerFrogs

Paper City: Dana Holgorsen Faces a Near Must Win Against TCU After Rice Debacle — UH and Its Coach Desperately Need to Bring the Belief Back In Big 12

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Dana Holgorsen Faces a Near Must Win Against TCU After Rice Debacle — UH and Its Coach Desperately Need to Bring the Belief Back In Big 12 Opener

Holgorsen's Cougars Show Heart In Fighting Back From 28-0, But Only a Giant Win On National TV Can Shift the Season's Story Now

BY Chris Baldwin

UH_Kansas_FTB_0882_web-rez-1536x1152.jpg

As the University of Houston players begin to make their way to the tunnel, leaving behind a long line of Rice University students rather organizedly rushing the field, Dana Holgorsen is waiting to make sure most of his guys get off. So, predictably, are a few hecklers, screaming down from the stands.

“Tilman’s going to take back all your NIL money!” a guy in a T-shirt screams, referencing (rather nonsensically) Houston billionaire believer Tilman Fertitta.

“No one else will rush the field,” another commentator, who no doubt thinks he’s quick witted, adds. “Everyone else expects to beat you!”

Read more at https://www.papercitymag.com/cultur...r-must-win-tcu-after-rice-loss-donovan-smith/

TCU better find max energy for the Houston game because I think Houston will after losing to Rice. Houston decided not to bring it for Rice. The loss is unfortunate for Houston because it dampens the spirit of this week’s festivities for their Big 12 debut, while also setting the Frogs up to take Houston lightly and again not bring that needed energy/excitement that Dykes’ keeps talking about. The Houston Cougar football team is going to be fired up this week in practice and on Saturday for TCU and this nationally broadcast game.

For TCU, it is another national broadcast on over-the-air FOX to mold public opinion, though fewer viewers because both teams have disappointed. When this game was scheduled for national TV, FOX didn’t expect both teams to be hobbling in, sheesh. It would not be good to flop again. Recruits and public opinion will be watching.

Last edited:

jack the frog

TCU better find max energy for the Houston game because I think Houston will after losing to Rice. Houston decided not to bring it for Rice. The loss is unfortunate for Houston because it dampens the spirit of this week’s festivities for their Big 12 debut, while also setting the Frogs up to take Houston lightly and again not bring that needed energy/excitement that Dykes’ keeps talking about. The Houston Cougar football team is going to be fired up this week in practice and on Saturday for TCU and this nationally broadcast game.

For TCU, it is another national broadcast on over-the-air FOX to mold public opinion. Certainly would not be good to flop again.

I don't disagree with you and we are clearly not good enough to look past anyone but I wonder if Dana may have already lost that team. We'll see.

I don't disagree with you and we are clearly not good enough to look past anyone but I wonder if Dana may have already lost that team. We'll see.
It is Houston’s Big XII debut at 7 pm on national TV with a week of hoopla leading into it for the Cougars while the embarrassing Rice loss festers. I suspect Houston will be bringing max effort.

Colorado had the “Eye of the Tiger.” Rice had it too.

So here TCU is again, on the mentally disadvantaged side of the EYE — looking into it instead of having it.

Last edited:
Will be in the Third Ward on Saturday.
Why do cities not rid themselves of numbered Wards as nomenclature. They sound ghetto and have negative connotations and this doesn’t help the University of Houston. Give the 3rd Ward a proper name. You don’t bring your baby home from the hospital and call it, Third Kid, and expect it to thrive.

Last edited:

Eight

Why do cities not rid themselves of numbered Wards as nomenclature. They sound ghetto and have negative connotations and this doesn’t help the University of Houston Give the 3rd Ward a proper name. You don’t bring your baby home from the hospital and call it, Third Kid, and expect it to thrive.

it is called history, our youngest lives in a town house in the freedman town area and there are a great deal of community connection to those areas in houston, but maybe you are a fan of gentrification

Horny4TCU

This season is the big 12 revenge tour. After winning so many close games last year, everyone is going to want to return the favor. Houston is having their first big 12 game against us, fueling their fire. Thanks rice. Now adding a wounded cougar to the mix, Houston is going to get their backs against the wall and fight with everything they have. TCU better find energy quick. IF anything put the second string in. They looked like they wanted to hit someone and get meaningful playing time.

CountryFrog

For TCU, it is another national broadcast on over-the-air FOX to mold public opinion, though fewer viewers because both teams have disappointed. When this game was scheduled for national TV, FOX didn’t expect both teams to be hobbling in, sheesh. It would not be good to flop again. Recruits and public opinion will be watching.
Even if everything you're saying is true then TCU should still cruise to a 20+ point victory if we're any good this year. Houston may well be the worst team in the Big 12. If this game is close then we're in trouble.

Eight

You're not wrong.

I hope they both can turn it around.

listening last year to dana sounded a great deal like gary in his final half season or jimbo last year

when a head coach starts talking about how you can't play for the players and you are giving them everything to be successful OUT LOUD, the end usually isn't far off unless you have a profoundly stupid buyout number