• The KillerFrogs

OT - The Von Erichs

Chongo94

Yes, all sons of Fritz. A couple of fake Von Erichs came along later.

Lance was one. They showed him in the documentary as well. I vaguely remembered him but as I was younger I didn’t know it was such a “big deal” type of thing that they suddenly had a new cousin or whatever.

Last edited:

Zubaz

Were they all really related? I just found out recently that the Ramones weren’t really all brothers.
Fritz and Waldo were unrelated but wrestled as brothers using the Von Erich name. As Fritz established his family and World Class, his sons worked under the name as well, so yeah they were all related. After Davids death and Mike's toxic shock put him out, they brought in Rick Vaughn (no, not that one) as "Lance Von Erich", billing him as Waldo's son.

Postscript: Lance later left in a contract dispute to sign with another organization (Former World Class Booker Ken Mantell's Wild West Wrestling maybe?), and Fritz went on World Class TV to say that Lance was never a Von Erich, not related to them, and he'd never mention his name again. I don't believe Lance did much after that.

tcudoc

Is that where Stevens and Pruitt came up with their “Uncle Waldo” radio skits I used to listen to every morning?

Rose Bowl

My uncle who loved wrestling took me to the old Sportatorium in 1970. People were going crazy but I got into it. Even as a kid I could see it was fake.

netty2424

Can’t believe he wrestled without a foot that long. Impressive “feet” to be able to pull that off.
tenor.gif

Frogs1983

Got my Dad to take me to see Fritz at the Northside Coliseum back in 1966 for my Birthday. My poor Dad had just quit smoking, and there was so much cigarette smoke in the Building back then, we both probably inhaled the equivalent of a Carton of Cigs that night.

SwissArmyFrog

I have 2 daughters who are in their mid-20's, whom I love very much.

I simply cannot imagine the pain of having 6 children, and losing 5 of them. And 3 of them were suicides! My god, what pain that Jack (Fritz) and Doris must have gone through. The first died in 1959, and the others in the brief span from 1987-1993. As if that weren't enough pain, Jack and Doris divorced in 1992...followed by Kerry's suicide the next year.

Just awful. If a family has ever come to a more tragic end, I've not heard of it.

Eight

I have 2 daughters who are in their mid-20's, whom I love very much.

I simply cannot imagine the pain of having 6 children, and losing 5 of them. And 3 of them were suicides! My god, what pain that Jack (Fritz) and Doris must have gone through. The first died in 1959, and the others in the brief span from 1987-1993. As if that weren't enough pain, Jack and Doris divorced in 1992...followed by Kerry's suicide the next year.

Just awful. If a family has ever come to a more tragic end, I've not heard of it.

damn near text book for a greek or shakespearean family story

possibly the kennedy's of wrestling ?