• The KillerFrogs

OT - PRP Therapy. Anybody done it before???

HornyWartyToad

That's great info...and yea, I've only thrown up once in my life and I almost did after that shot. Intense pain that made me lightheaded and naucious. A general wasn't offered...and I don't drink so I'm screwed.

So you're a fan of glucosamine and chondroitin?? You think it helps???
The glucosamine and chondroitin is great. There are several other compounds, with different ingredients, and I've had good luck with them all, in terms of preventing the inflammation and swelling that cause the pain. Supposedly they help lubricate the joint, by helping regrow the cartilage, but IDK how much of that is science and how much is hocus pocus. I just know that if I didn't have them, and use them on a daily basis, I would have probably long since had to have the replacement. They key is to be consistent with them, morning and night. If I forget to take them before I go to bed, there's a good chance I won't be able to sleep through the night because of the pain.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
There are a number of drugs prescribed now for various ailments which have a common side-effect: Joint inflammation. My MIL was looking at a knee replacement due to the pain she was experiencing, yet when her blood-thinning medication was switched, the inflammation went away and she no longer needs the knee job.