• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

What Up Toad

I used to be that way, but my wife always has them on and I kinda got used to it. Plus as the father of two little ones and husband to a wife who’s a big napper, I’m constantly watching shows with the volume down, and they help for that, too.
Try some of the bone conduction bluetooth headphones. You can still hear the kids/wife, and only you can hear the TV.

tcudoc

Watched The Iron Claw. Anyone notice that one of the brothers got completely left out? I looked it up and the director said his story shared similarities to another one and he thought it was too much for the audience to handle. In order to shave twenty minutes or so off of the movie length, he made the executive decision to write his character out of the screenplay.
I was a bit offended by that decision and felt it cheapened the story and the reality that the movie is based upon. Seems like a terrible decision in my opinion. Anyone else notice that and have an opinion?

Boomhauer

Watched The Iron Claw. Anyone notice that one of the brothers got completely left out? I looked it up and the director said his story shared similarities to another one and he thought it was too much for the audience to handle. In order to shave twenty minutes or so off of the movie length, he made the executive decision to write his character out of the screenplay.
I was a bit offended by that decision and felt it cheapened the story and the reality that the movie is based upon. Seems like a terrible decision in my opinion. Anyone else notice that and have an opinion?

I noticed it, and would’ve preferred they included it in the storyline (even if only briefly), but still really enjoyed the movie. Of course as a kid of the 80s I enjoyed watching wrestling back then so there was a lot of nostalgia in it for me

tcudoc

I noticed it, and would’ve preferred they included it in the storyline (even if only briefly), but still really enjoyed the movie. Of course as a kid of the 80s I enjoyed watching wrestling back then so there was a lot of nostalgia in it for me
I just imagine how family members must feel to know he just got left out. Seems like a slap in the face to a family that’s had so much tragedy.
Kevin has spoken out that Fritz was not as portrayed in the movie. I hope that’s the case because he was portrayed as pretty terrible.

Boomhauer

Yeah, I did see somewhere he said he enjoyed the movie. Although, if that’s not how he should’ve been portrayed might be hard to enjoy it. Edit - found it: Click here

Efron reflected on speaking with the real-life Kevin the night before its Dallas premiere. “I was very curious about what he thought of the movie,” he shared. “We went out to the patio, sat forehead to forehead, and talked about life for an hour and a half. And he told me that he did enjoy the movie. I can’t really put into words how that feels. It’s far and away the most important review to me on so many levels. It meant the world, and everything just came full circle.”

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Yeah, I did see somewhere he said he enjoyed the movie. Although, if that’s not how he should’ve been portrayed might be hard to enjoy it. Edit - found it: Click here
I thought it was weird that they didn't get any input at all from Kevin while they were filming. How do you make a movie about someone's family and didn't get any input or anything from the lone surviving member of that family?