• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

PurpleBlood87

So just finished watching "Stillwater" on Hulu after I got back from the Tech game.

Not a bad movie. Nothing spectacular.

Going to watch "The Last Full Measure" next.

tcudoc

Couldn’t finish the series due to how bad Selena Gomez was.
She was a weird pair up with the other two, but I didn’t think she was terrible. She’s just not very dynamic and kind of blah (perhaps that is what the directors wanted from her character). But that just allows more focus on Steve Martin and Martin Short, who are the reasons I watched.

stbrab

I just got Hulu (thank you tmobile). What are the must see Series/Movies on there currently?
Justified…it’s a sort of modern day western, and it’s excellent! It’s a series with 5 or 6 seasons…2010 - 2015 I believe. They also did a limited series follow up just last year. It was also excellent.

Another that’s really good is 11.23.63…it’s a limited series based on a Stephen King novel. FYI, it’s a time travel movie about the JFK assassination.

Edit: I forgot about Prey. It’s also excellent. It’s a prequel movie to the Predator franchise. It’s based in the 1700s.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
She was a weird pair up with the other two, but I didn’t think she was terrible. She’s just not very dynamic and kind of blah (perhaps that is what the directors wanted from her character). But that just allows more focus on Steve Martin and Martin Short, who are the reasons I watched.
I’m fairly certain the director wanted a flat affect from her, especially in the presence of those two. I thoroughly enjoyed the series, especially S1 and 2

WhatTheFrog

Justified…it’s a sort of modern day western, and it’s excellent! It’s a series with 5 or 6 seasons…2010 - 2015 I believe. They also did a limited series follow up just last year. It was also excellent.

Another that’s really good is 11.23.63…it’s a limited series based on a Stephen King novel. FYI, it’s a time travel movie about the JFK assassination.

Edit: I forgot about Prey. It’s also excellent. It’s a prequel movie to the Predator franchise. It’s based in the 1700s.
The JFK miniseries is pretty interesting.

PurpleBlood87

Couldn't sleep this morning started "A Night at the Opera" followed by "Draft Day".
Have seen it several times and it still is one of my favorite football movies.
"A Night at the Opera" is just crazy.
When Groucho and 15 or so other people along with his steamer trunk end up in his little room or the boat it's hilarious.
Don't know how those extras could keep a straight face. Some couldn't.