• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Saw Iron Claw yesterday. It’s a rather uneven film. It held my attention but I just could not bring myself to care much about what happened to the characters on the screen aside from Kevin’s wife, Pam.

Obviously they had to telescope down and conflate some stories, and the writers completely left out brother Chris. One huge problem for me - and this may be somewhat of a spoiler - was the dream-sequency scene just after Kerry von Erich’s suicide.

Overall I think it is worth a look it just left me a bit cold.

Last edited:

FrogCop19

Haven't seen Iron Claw yet, but one thing that kinda throws me off (and it's EXTREMELY petty) is that they have Kevin bigger than Kerry. As a wrestling fanatic in my younger years (and having seen them wrestle the Fabulous Freebirds live in Waco as a kid), Kerry had one of the biggest physiques in wrestling back then, surpassed only by that freak of nature Ultimate Warrior. Kevin was obviously in great shape, but he was leaner than Kerry by a country mile.

tcudoc

Saw Iron Claw yesterday. It’s a rather uneven film. It held my attention but the just could not bring myself to care much about what happened to the characters on the screen aside from Kevin’s wife, Pam.

Obviously they had to telescope down and conflate some stories, and the writers completely left out brother Chris. One huge problem for me - and this may be somewhat of a spoiler - was the dream-sequency scene just after Kerry von Erich’s suicide.

Overall I think it is worth a look it just left me a bit cold.
Wait a second. One of them dies?

FrogCop19

Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Haven't seen Iron Claw yet, but one thing that kinda throws me off (and it's EXTREMELY petty) is that they have Kevin bigger than Kerry. As a wrestling fanatic in my younger years (and having seen them wrestle the Fabulous Freebirds live in Waco as a kid), Kerry had one of the biggest physiques in wrestling back then, surpassed only by that freak of nature Ultimate Warrior. Kevin was obviously in great shape, but he was leaner than Kerry by a country mile.
The dude playing Kerry is channeling Jeff Spicoli

stbrab

Yeah, Kerry was much bigger…and was a great athlete. I remember him winning the Tx high state championship in the discus in 77? 78? Seems like he had the national high record for a time. I remember after he died it was disclosed that he wrestled for years with a prosthetic foot…unbelievable!

FrogCop19

Yeah, Kerry was much bigger…and was a great athlete. I remember him winning the Tx high state championship in the discus in 77? 78? Seems like he had the national high record for a time. I remember after he died it was disclosed that he wrestled for years with a prosthetic foot…unbelievable!
Yeah, that foot thing was quite the shock to me as well. It was a motorcycle accident, right? Do they cover that in the movie?

Zubaz

I think pretending Chris never existed was the bigger crime.

But yes, Kerry was MASSIVE. You mention Warrio, that whole "Ultimate Warrior died and they replaced him" rumor that we all heard at recess was because people thought it was Kerry Von Erich under the face paint.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I said the same thing back during the summer when they leaked photos of how jacked Zac Efron was. I was like there's no way he's playing Kevin looking like that.