• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
About the hair clip? I assume you got your answer so I won’t repeat. My wife watched the whole thing and somehow missed that Denzel had killed someone.

Not just that...but the whole friggin' story line.

I can’t see Robbie Malik without seeing the Queen guy
^^^^
This! I just gave up and let my mind think Freddie Mercury was doing detective work.

Frog-in-law1995

It was, very clumsily, trying make a point about the demons these homicide detectives carry with them and Denzel was trying to exorcize his old ones while helping Freddie learn to live with and/or cast aside his new ones (the hair clip bit was Denzel lying to Freddie that the missing girl was the last victim found so Freddie didn’t lose his mind over an unsolved crime the way Denzel did years earlier...I think, at least). But a good chunk of that story arc got lost in how abruptly Freddie went to the dark side.

Also, Jared Leto is a weird cat. Not surprising he’s getting critical acclaim for that role. It’s probably not too far from reality.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Best zombie movies/series. For me it's as follows:

Kingdom (Netflix) - great plot, great cinematography, zombies move fast. It's Crouching Tiger meets World War Z.

World War Z - great plot, fast zombies, intense.

TWD (Season1) - season 1 had fast zombies (now they all seem to slow-limp towards you) a good plot, and Merle. Now, understandably, it's hard to keep people interested as plot lines get weird).

Everything else.
Shaun of the Dead.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Best zombie movies/series. For me it's as follows:

Kingdom (Netflix) - great plot, great cinematography, zombies move fast. It's Crouching Tiger meets World War Z.

World War Z - great plot, fast zombies, intense.

TWD (Season1) - season 1 had fast zombies (now they all seem to slow-limp towards you) a good plot, and Merle. Now, understandably, it's hard to keep people interested as plot lines get weird).

Everything else.
Fast zombies aren’t zombies. Only slow zombies are real zombies. Zombies are supposed to be the risen dead not medical mistakes, mutants, etc. I refuse to agree to any fast zombie movie/series being good. Because it isn’t a zombie movie/series.

Dawn of the Dead (original) is the best zombie movie.

jake102

Fast zombies aren’t zombies. Only slow zombies are real zombies. Zombies are supposed to be the risen dead not medical mistakes, mutants, etc. I refuse to agree to any fast zombie movie/series being good. Because it isn’t a zombie movie/series.

Dawn of the Dead (original) is the best zombie movie.

Concur. Super hero zombies are dumb

jack the frog

I speak a little Spanish. The translation from Spanish to English for El Cid is "The Cid."

**I know. I have used that one already. I had to put it back out there because that's what I do. I recycle jokes. Just ask my wife and kids**

Bravo. Translating our local El Burrito from Spanish to English has been a go to joke for me for 25 years. Never gets old, for me anyway.