• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

JugbandFrog

The DC char
I watch most movies at home and have a surround sound set up with sub woofer. The problem with most action movies is that the action gets too loud and the dialogue, you can barely hear. I find myself constantly raising and lowering the volume. Can't imagine what it would be like in a movie house where you don't have the volume control. Hollywood needs to do better.
This describes my Tenet experience. Too much big noise and I couldn’t make out half of what was said as the clarity of the dialogue was almost always lost in the noise.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
I got up and left during the first WW, and it was in my own house. It was headache-inducing stupid. Mrs. Brewingfrog, who endured the whole thing, answered me before I asked: "No, it didn't get any better."
Sure, the final boss battle was a bit of a CGI mess but I enjoyed the World War 1 setting as it was something different from both previous comic book movies and the comics themselves (most of which came of age during WW2). The supporting characters were far better in the first movie and well established by the end when the movie needed the audience to feel the stakes if Diana failed to finish off Ares. Even the villains were better antagonists. Was it an Oscar caliber film? No. But, by comparison the first movie was superior not only to WW84 but most of the DCEU offerings up until now.

Eight

If you're into the women superhero sort of thing, I highly recommend the Disney live action "Mulan". It's not a children's show.
Reasonably credible action, not overpowered CGI. Good story, and good sound mixing. well done. Way better than WW.
See it.

simply wait for ww3 as jenkins has been retained to write and direct so there is no way it could be as bad or worse than the second right?

Ron Swanson

I run it off my Amazon Prime Video account, which has been pretty pretty good.
Ok I’ve been feeling like a dumbarse for a while now. How do you link another pay service to your Prime account? When I’m using Prime on my TV, I see where it says you can link your showtime or HBO (et al) accounts on Prime so you can have all those in one app, but when I click on them, there’s nowhere to actually log in to your account, it only gives you the option to sign up for a new subscription. Do you have to do it on the computer? I’m sure I’m missing something obvious.

Last edited:

JugbandFrog

Ok I’ve been feeling like a dumbarse for a while now. How do you link another pay service to your Prime account? When I’m using Prime on my TV, I see where it says you can link your showtime or HBO (et al) accounts on Prime so you can have all those in one app, but when I click on them, there’s nowhere to actually log in to your account, it only gives you the option to sign up for a new subscription. Do you have to do it on the computer? I’m sure I’m missing something obvious.
I don’t think you can. I just buy access through Amazon.

However, Apple TV lets you do that, but you’d need an Apple whatever it is called.

steelfrog

Tier 1
On Amazon Prime through Showtime tie-in, Steel is currently watching Your Honor, which is ok, and Ray Donovan, which is pretty good.

Steel tried Billions and it was hard to get into.

Succession was pretty good.

On HBO, The Undoing was decent leading up to a disappointing ending; and I Know This Much is True is a quiet gem; The Outsider was a little weird but entertaining

Steel wants to watch Cinemax series called Warrior. looks real good.

Steel will get Disney Prime and watch Mandalorian when other options run out.

Any other suggestions?

Double D

Tier 1
Manhunt: Deadly Games on NETFLIX is really good! It's about the 1996 Olympic Park bombing and how the FBI went after Richard Jewell.

FROGLAW says Tehran on Apple TV is good too.

#BanSteel

On Amazon Prime through Showtime tie-in, Steel is currently watching Your Honor, which is ok, and Ray Donovan, which is pretty good.

Steel tried Billions and it was hard to get into.

Succession was pretty good.

On HBO, The Undoing was decent leading up to a disappointing ending; and I Know This Much is True is a quiet gem; The Outsider was a little weird but entertaining

Steel wants to watch Cinemax series called Warrior. looks real good.

Steel will get Disney Prime and watch Mandalorian when other options run out.

Any other suggestions?