• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
What I've recently watched:

An American Bombing-The Road to April 19th (HBO). Very informative documentary about the OK City bombing and the people involved.

A Beautiful Game (Netflix). Very good movie about the Homeless World Cup Tournament (a real thing).

The Beekeeper (Prime Video). Jason Statham ups his badass game. Great flick!

The Bricklayer (Netflix). Liam Neeson may have a "very particular set of skills", but the Bricklayer has a very particular set of weapons. Average for the genre.

Road House (Prime Video). A. remake. that. never. should. have. been. made. A time waster.

Ron Swanson

What I've recently watched:

An American Bombing-The Road to April 19th (HBO). Very informative documentary about the OK City bombing and the people involved.

A Beautiful Game (Netflix). Very good movie about the Homeless World Cup Tournament (a real thing).

The Beekeeper (Prime Video). Jason Statham ups his badass game. Great flick!

The Bricklayer (Netflix). Liam Neeson may have a "very particular set of skills", but the Bricklayer has a very particular set of weapons. Average for the genre.

Road House (Prime Video). A. remake. that. never. should. have. been. made. A time waster.
I enjoyed the Road House remake. They intentionally made it cheesy to try and match the cheesiness that made the original so great.

It’s not winning any awards, but that’s not what they were going for. They were going for classic 80’s cheese and I thought they did a pretty good job. If you went into the Road House remake looking for a great movie, I think your expectations were off.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I enjoyed the Road House remake. They intentionally made it cheesy to try and match the cheesiness that made the original so great.

It’s not winning any awards, but that’s not what they were going for. They were going for classic 80’s cheese and I thought they did a pretty good job. If you went into the Road House remake looking for a great movie, I think your expectations were off.

Brokeback got you good, didn't it.

Ron Swanson

Brokeback got you good, didn't it.
mountain GIF

Ron Swanson

Finished Shogun. Solid show… 8/10

I feel like there is a lot I probably missed on the first watch. So many names and faces kinda blended together in early episodes that I think I missed some of the plot dynamics and who was scheming who.

I think on a 2nd watch I’d probably be picking up a lot of stuff that went over my head the first time .

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Shogun:

Overall I highly recommend but I have to say the finale felt rushed and chaotic. It seemed the showrunners realized about ten minutes in that this was their last episode and they needed to wrap up. I don’t want to spoil so maybe later I can get into more detail.

tcudoc

I’m on episode 3 of Sugar on AppleTV. I think someone on here recommended it.

It’s pretty solid so far.
We’ve watched about 6 episodes. The acting is good and it’s enjoyable thus far. It gets a little complex and I’ve been multitasking while watching. I think I have missed a couple of key things. It’s something that should be watched with full attention, apparently.