• The KillerFrogs

OT: Divorce Attorney

Dr.HFroog

Having dealt with a number of attorneys years ago in family law / court, I'd second an earlier suggestion that you find a marriage / divorce mediator and work our your issues with your soon-to-be-ex ! Amicable resolution (if she and you are reasonable) is the best emotional and financial way to end a marriage and at the same time preserve your rights. Best wish to you as you navigate this life-altering experience.

Punter1

All the warning signs were there. Heck, we dated 6 years before getting married. All My suspicions early were confirmed late. But I have my son and I wouldn't change a thing. But man...what a tough lesson to learn. Anyone in their late 20s/early 30s contemplating marriage HMU...got some wisdom to drop on you.

Lemme tell you my 2nd wife is beyond awesome. She's smart, funny, hot as balls and I'm seriously the envy of every dude in Hays County, TX.

Point being...you have an opportunity now to hit a darning grand slam...in the looks and personality category. Don't settle, there are seriously 10x more date-able women out there then men. Leverage is on your side. Dating may be the last thing on your mind right how but when it is...you're gonna have a boat-ton of incredible options like you've never imagined.

And don't think for 1 second you're damaged goods...she is, sorry to be blunt. As the great Twiiter-follow Fort Worth Playboy says..."Men become more attractive and better partners with each relationship that have...its the exact opposite for women." If youre not following him on Twitter, do. He gives incredible advice on business, life, women, etc.

Not trying to degrade women here...just know you're in a great spot moving forward. There's probably a list of women out there who have heard about you becoming single just biding their time to reach out. Enjoy bro...

Last edited:

Frog79

That's a really cynical view. And old school. As mentioned by someone else, the courts seem to be taking a more fair look nowadays. I just had a friend of mine get full custody of his kids in the Tarrant county courts. A good marriage is perfectly fine. My problem before, and the problem many have, is unintentionally selecting the wrong partner.
Personally I have seen no evidence that the courts are getting more fair to men but I hope you are right. Men get treated badly in family court these days.

As for a 'good marriage' being fine I would have agreed with you before my wife of 31 years tragically passed away a few years ago. I thought we had a good marriage and I felt pretty content but now that I am single I realize what I was missing out there. There are TONS of willing women out there and you can have a lot of fun with them, even at my age, lol. I am having way too much fun to ever get married again.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Wow, so sorry to hear about this. Besides hoping that you find a good attorney I hope that any fellow male frogs who are contemplating marriage are paying attention to this thread and learn something from it. Family courts are corrupt and best serve the interest of women and lawyers. You want to avoid them at all costs.

Bottom line for the guys: there is nothing of substance you can get from marriage that you can't have if you remain single, plus you won't run the risk of getting screwed by a legal system that is stacked against you. A prenup can help but corrupt judges can overturn them so they are not reliable protection. Until the laws are changed to be more equitable marriage is not a good deal for the majority of men.
Ooh, man I disagree with your statement about marriage and I’m on my second. I won’t try to change your mind but for me marriage is far superior to just living together

Frog79

Ooh, man I disagree with your statement about marriage and I’m on my second. I won’t try to change your mind but for me marriage is far superior to just living together
To each his own. I am a bit of a loner and really enjoy living alone. I have a steady GF now and we get together a couple of times a week which is perfect for me. I much prefer this to having someone living with me. I love my freedom too much.

StinnettFrog

I am truly sorry for what you are going thru. It will be hard but try not to attack the ex and focus on what you can do to improve you and your sons lives. I have been thru a divorce and know many others who have been in your position. My opinion is looking at it from the stance of every failed relationship I have ever had has one thing in common, me. If you look at what you want yto change about yourself and not where your ex failed you will make a better choice this time around. You are going to have a tough few months but I can attest my second marriage is so much better than my first. Not because my first wife was bad but because I grew and looked for what I needed instead of what turned my head. Praying for you.

Rabidfrog

Unfortunately, my wife has made the decision to end our marriage. There's no changing her mind at this point so it looks like the once unthinkable is inevitable. So I find myself in the position of needing a divorce attorney. Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated. We don't have generational wealth or a massive portfolio of assets at steak but we do have a boy who will be 7 soon, house, cars, property in Granbury, retirements, etc. I just don't want to break the bank and lose a massive chunk of what I have to attorney fees but I want to make sure my rights are protected, especially when it comes to my son. My wife has been fairly reasonable but I do have some concerns. The biggest is putting a geographical restriction on how far away she can live with having joint custody. My boy is everything to me and I will fight with all I have to protect our relationship.

TIA
praying that everything works out for you and your family.

Last edited: