• The KillerFrogs

OT- Comedian Gallagher dead at 76

FrogCop19

One of my earliest memories of watching a comedian and laughing till I choked. Watching him smash a remote controlled police car toy while maniacally screaming, "PULL OVER! PULL OVER!"

Watermelons everywhere are breathing a sigh of relief.

FrogCop19

Stay hard Gallagher!

Which one, btw?
images

tcudoc

He was a great comedian beyond the sledge-o-matic bit. But that became the thing he was known for.
I think the “which one” comment above refers to the lawsuit against his brother who basically stole his act and took it on the road. Gallagher had to sue him to cease and desist impersonating him and stealing his bit. I can’t recall all of the details but it was a weird thing for his brother to do that to him. I’m sure family get togethers were awkward.

Last edited:

FrogCop19

He was a great comedian beyond the sledge-o-magic bit. But that became the thing he was known for.
I think the which one comment above refers to the lawsuit against his brother who basically stole his act and took it on the road. Gallagher had to sue him to cease and desist impersonating him and stealing his bit. I can’t recall all of the details but it was a weird thing for his brother to do that to him. I’m sure family get togethers were awkward.
One of my other favorites was his bit on how stupid the English language was.
Had a chalkboard and wrote the words:
Comb
Bomb
Tomb
Then he talked about how they are pronounced COMPLETELY differently. Truly was a funny dude.

And I didn't know about the brother thing, actually. That kinda sucks that he would do that.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
He did TCU in '83 or '84. He was a lot of fun live. The whole place was roaring with laughter, but the peak was during the Sledge-O-Matic bit when a wall-mount fire alarm that was a part of another joke went off. He went roaming around onstage, trying to find the annoying beeping thing, then triumphantly hoisted it aloft. He then put it to the Sledge-O-Matic to the great delight of the crowd.

"...There's a knob that says 'Brightness' but it don't work."

One of my other favorites was his bit on how stupid the English language was.
Had a chalkboard and wrote the words:
Comb
Bomb
Tomb
Then he talked about how they are pronounced COMPLETELY differently. Truly was a funny dude.

And I didn't know about the brother thing, actually. That kinda sucks that he would do that.

That was always my favorite part. My current favorite comedian is Ismo from Finland. Most of his material revolves around the absurdity of the English language and it reminds me of Gallagher.

Horny4TCU

RIP. He's smashing watermelons in heaven now.

I looked him up not too long ago. I was wondering if he was still alive. He disappeared there for a while. He had some serious health issues with his heart that stopped him for a minute.

Latest posts