• The KillerFrogs

OT: Astros advance to World Series

Ron Swanson

Why did the Dodgers start Yu over Kershaw? Thought I’d heard Kershaw would start. Worked out great, but just curious.
Kershaw was on 2 days rest and Yu was on full rest.

In hindsight, sure, but I think you had to throw Darvish there. Just sucks for the Dodgers he didn’t have it last night

Ron Swanson

Congrats Astros. Darvish has always struggled the first couple of innings..... nothing new...... I bet they regret that signing........

When did the Astros change back to this color scheme. Last I remember they tried black and gold????? This "new" look is much better!
Jim Crane bought the team in 2011 and switched the color scheme back to orange/navy shortly after.

Great decision. The blue/gold of the 90’s and the brick red of the 2000’s kinda sucked. These unis are great.

MTfrog5

Kershaw was on 2 days rest and Yu was on full rest.

In hindsight, sure, but I think you had to throw Darvish there. Just sucks for the Dodgers he didn’t have it last night
Agreed with you have to start Yu, but I also think if Kershaw has 4-5 innings in him the Dodgers should have had kershaw ready after the first. It was obvious for Ranger, Astros, and Dodgers fans that Darvish'd slider wasn't there again. You could tell it had the chance to open up

jake102

Everyone talks about Kershaw starting, but it should have been Wood who started for Dodgers. Wood then Kershaw/Darvish.

I also thought Morton should have started for Astros

maximilian

Darvish must feel awful today...

That's what pisses me off about the DFW/LA media, accusing him (or really any player) of not caring. He didn't execute, sure. Good hitters took advantage of his mistakes, sure. But this nonchalant headlines of "Darvish doesn't care" because he doesn't act like John Rocker every time he makes a mistake is crappy journalism, to say the least.

lonestarfrog89

That's what pisses me off about the DFW/LA media, accusing him (or really any player) of not caring. He didn't execute, sure. Good hitters took advantage of his mistakes, sure. But this nonchalant headlines of "Darvish doesn't care" because he doesn't act like John Rocker every time he makes a mistake is crappy journalism, to say the least.

Last time I checked, Darvish didn't leave 10+ runners stranded. So they can place the blame wherever they want, but the Dodgers couldn't get any runs.

FBallFan123

Congrats Astros. Darvish has always struggled the first couple of innings..... nothing new...... I bet they regret that signing........

When did the Astros change back to this color scheme. Last I remember they tried black and gold????? This "new" look is much better!

The Dodgers traded for Darvish.
The Astros traded for Verlander.

The team that brought in the better starting pitcher won the world series.

Pharm Frog

Are they saying this? If so, dumb. His body language showed that he was completely invested and cared. Even if it hadn't, that's no reason to claim someone doesn't care. Stoicism isn't in vogue much anymore but that doesn't mean it isn't real.

Realtorfrog

Jim Crane bought the team in 2011 and switched the color scheme back to orange/navy shortly after.

Great decision. The blue/gold of the 90’s and the brick red of the 2000’s kinda sucked. These unis are great.

That's crazy!! I had season tickets in Arlington until this year and I didn't think about the change of colors until last night.

maximilian

Are they saying this? If so, dumb. His body language showed that he was completely invested and cared. Even if it hadn't, that's no reason to claim someone doesn't care. Stoicism isn't in vogue much anymore but that doesn't mean it isn't real.

Noted clown Bill Plaschke at least alluded to it after game 3:

Chongo94

Noted clown Bill Plaschke at least alluded to it after game 3:

I despise this self proclaimed morality judge. His constant shaming ("shame on you whomever") and whining and everything else grates on me almost, just almost nearly as bad as Stephen A Smith's idiocy.

Might I add that this gasbag also guaranteed a dodger victory last night.

maximilian

I despise this self proclaimed morality judge. His constant shaming ("shame on you whomever") and whining and everything else grates on me almost, just almost nearly as bad as Stephen A Smith's idiocy.

Might I add that this gasbag also guaranteed a dodger victory last night.

I get really pissed off when someone in the stands or at home claims to know the mind of an athlete. It reveals way more about the idiot pontificating than the person they're criticizing.