• The KillerFrogs

OT - Any motorcyclist on the board?

WhatTheFrog

I always loved the look of the Softail Springer, with all the vintage springs suspension and chrome up front. Of late the BMW R 18 looks fabulous!
P90386406_highRes_the-bmw-r-18-first-e.jpg
I've really liked the R18 since it came out. And yes, the springer Harleys are a classic kind of cool.

Atomic Frawg

If I get another bike this fall, I'd ride. I've ridden in 38 states and over 150k miles. About half of those on a Electra Glide work bike. Sold my Road Glide when I was in Midland. Too dangerous out there. Looking at some dual purpose bikes to finish out the Northwest. Done with Harleys.
I've had my eyes on Ducati Multistradas for awhile. I haven't ruled out getting one.

mc1502

Would love to have a bike. Have always wanted one, but am 100% certain it would end badly.... like it would end my life. I once had a work friend who rode every weekend. Told him I was thinking about getting a bike. His first reply to me with no hesitation was "make sure you have your life insurance in order before getting one". He was 100% serious, no joking. Said he had 2 friends die while riding.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Would love to have a bike. Have always wanted one, but am 100% certain it would end badly.... like it would end my life. I once had a work friend who rode every weekend. Told him I was thinking about getting a bike. His first reply to me with no hesitation was "make sure you have your life insurance in order before getting one". He was 100% serious, no joking. Said he had 2 friends die while riding.
One of the key factors in my selling my bike was the experience of a friend who was a by-Ghod professional racer. He had taken delivery of a new bike and rode it out for an impromptu test drive. A woman in a station wagon broadsided him after she ran a light. The vehicle rolled over him, and his leathers got caught on something under the car, dragging him along while the catalytic converter burned his arm to a crisp. He lived, somehow, and spent the better part of a year rehabilitating after healing numerous broken bones and skin grafts.

It has often been said that you can't idiot-proof anything. The idiots will always outsmart you. I simply try not to give them too many chances.

mc1502

Poor motorcycle.
Really cheap bike that's easy to maintain. Bought it for $600. put a new top end on it, and it's run like a top since. It was a great starter bike when my kids were pre-teens. Likely going to sell all 3 of them in the next couple of months, along with our jetskis. We just don't use them anymore.

Last edited:

Putt4Purple

Massively cheap bike. Bought it for $600. Put a new top end on it and it's run like a top since. It was a great starter bike when my kids were pre-teens. Likely going to sell all 3 of them in the next couple of months, along with our jetskis. We just don't use them anymore.
You may have misunderstood what I meant. I was feeling sorry for the motorcycle given the rider in the pic. I was being sarcastic.

WIN

18 months ago was all in on getting a street bike. My wife was on board with it as well. Could not pull the trigger and ended up with a sweet classic vw bug. Have never regretted the decision.