• The KillerFrogs

Oklahoma State Press Conference

W

Way of the Frog

I think Cumbie is still just learning what he has with the various skill players and for that reason we will see Snell's role develop over this season.

Still feel at times they are working various combinations to see what are the most effective combinations as well as maximize the Frogs depth.

VA Froggie

An observation. this team has been very good at the three fazes of football. The offense looks to be very good, strong running game, great offensive line, good receivers and some really good freshmen. Defense is very balanced. SMU has a very good offense and it showed last Saturday. Call a spade a spade. Special teams have done well and getting better. Can we beat OSU, yes and OSU can beat TCU, it's called football, will be a very good game and a big test.

Go Frogs, this will be a great game Saturday.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
An observation. this team has been very good at the three fazes of football. The offense looks to be very good, strong running game, great offensive line, good receivers and some really good freshmen. Defense is very balanced. SMU has a very good offense and it showed last Saturday. Call a spade a spade. Special teams have done well and getting better. Can we beat OSU, yes and OSU can beat TCU, it's called football, will be a very good game and a big test.

Go Frogs, this will be a great game Saturday.
This has to be the first time "faze" was used incorrectly.

4th. down

I think Cumbie is still just learning what he has with the various skill players and for that reason we will see Snell's role develop over this season.

Still feel at times they are working various combinations to see what are the most effective combinations as well as maximize the Frogs depth.

The offensive system now implemented by Sonny, Dykes, Luper and Thomsen is still evolving but showing a big improvement over last year and should get better toward bowl time. We've got a legit shot at OSU if we blitz Mason now and often. You cannot let him get comfortable on a 3 man rush - he will kill you. If we bring the Peach Bowl defensive effort we will come out on top as the offense can score on anyone.

Pharm Frog

The offensive system now implemented by Sonny, Dykes, Luper and Thomsen is still evolving but showing a big improvement over last year and should get better toward bowl time. We've got a legit shot at OSU if we blitz Mason now and often. You cannot let him get comfortable on a 3 man rush - he will kill you. If we bring the Peach Bowl defensive effort we will come out on top as the offense can score on anyone.

Now this is the type of out-of-the-box thinking that has merit. I agree. If we start blitzing Mason now I don't see him being effective come Saturday.

TX_Krötenechse

I think Sewo was back there either to prevent other teams from having film on Snell (or Nixon) as a return man OR to provide lead blocking should Turp take the kick.

Or maybe some other reason

CountryFrog

I'm a little confused by the Sewo as a kick returner thing.
They want one guy back there as a returner and one guy as a lead blocker. I think they tried putting Nixon back there a time or two later in the game when SMU kept kicking to Sewo.

I'd prefer having two guys back there who are both dynamic returners but I think the coaches feel confident that they can guess which direction teams will kick more times than not and get Turp to the proper side.

Sand Frog

Sewo was also on the kickoff team at the start of the game. Been a while since I've seen a guy return a kickoff then turn around and cover one.