• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

y2kFrog

Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend…Harrell as OC, Clay McGuire as OL coach…I’m certainly not in the know the way some on here are, so take it with a grain of salt.

This is all I think, when I hear Graham Harrell.

This also reminds that there used to be a TV channel called the Outdoor Life Network that we played football games on.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I dont know the ins and outs of recruiting but it is curious to me how everyone touts TCU as a good job because of access to DFW talent, well a scan of our roster doesnt show a ton of DFW talent on our roster. Compared to earlier years it doesnt seem like we pull many local players and it has declined over the years, it seems.
GP has said many times that recruiting local kids brings a unique set of problems in that kids are close to what sometime are bad situations/influences. I think he’s wrong but there it is. Plus Gary did not make the rounds and glad hand HS coaches in general and in D/FW in particular

Last edited:

Sangria Wine

GP has said many time that recruiting local kids brings a unique set of problems in that kids are close to what sometime are bad situations/influences. I think he’s wrong but there it is. Plus Gary did not make the rounds and glad hand HS coaches in general and in D/FW in particular
Look around and notice how it’s true at most major programs. You’ll see very few super local kids on most rosters. This has been the case for a long time and most high school coaches worth their salt know it’s true. Kids usually need some separation to grow and better themselves. Some kids need it way more than others.