• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

TCU Vagabond

All of that is 100% up in the air re: the playoff, both inclusion of our champion and equivalent revenue distribution.

Conferences who can claim better stability and value (for their member institutions), in order: SEC, BIG, ACC, PAC
That makes sense to me. Do you think this is more effecting TCU and their #1 candidate, or is it playing more of a role in wooing Campbell and Aranda to other major conferences?

That makes sense to me. Do you think this is more effecting TCU and their #1 candidate, or is it playing more of a role in wooing Campbell and Aranda to other major conferences?
To be clear, I have no update on Napier specifically, just was mentioned to me that this is something TCU is having to sell against actively and word in the industry is its a headwind for the conference overall.

mantikos

To be clear, I have no update on Napier specifically, just was mentioned to me that this is something TCU is having to sell against actively and word in the industry is its a headwind for the conference overall.
Do you think that has traction out there considering the substandard product PAC and ACC continue to put out there versus the new B12 which looks like will have 2nd most ranked teams after the SEC if current trends continue

OmniscienceFrog

that is why I put him on ignore and there is no more wyomingfrog - if there ever was. he reminds me of someone that used to post here, user name had san diego in it, I think. Always signed off TCU QB in my dreams. Used caps like Wyomingfrog
Don't remember anything about the San Diego part, but I believe it was TCU QB in my Dreamzzzzzzzzzz or something to that effect.

froginaustin

I believe John Mackovic finished out his contract with the Whorns as an advisor to the UT golf course project which was under construction at the time. Tough duty, playing golf every day while getting paid handsomely.

Golf every day. That would suit Mackovic's style. Supposedly he is so reserved and some would say anti-social that UTx wouldn't want him near donors or anyone else they were trying to influence.

Do you think that has traction out there considering the substandard product PAC and ACC continue to put out there versus the new B12 which looks like will have 2nd most ranked teams after the SEC if current trends continue
As a reminder: Performance on field is only one factor, eyeballs brought to the dance is much larger. These collections of big brands and big state schools still play really well, even if they suck.

To ask more loaded questions, does TCU feel as good about their conference realignment candidacy as being stated? I've heard TCU is very confident they will land in an Alliance conference (all 3 in play) if those conferences decide to start expanding
I think those who state that (JC for instance) greatly overstate things and are way too confident. This is driven by TCU who projects a lot of optimism externally, but the reality of things is much more murky and negative generally. I do think more realignment is going to happen, but not until the CFP is sorted out, and even then a big movement of teams between conferences seems like a long shot.

Thank you for patiently answering all my questions - aren't we top 25 in viewership as well?
No, this was covered before in some other thread, but the analysis on all this that's been done is not complete. TCU is a Top 50 CFB media property, give or take. I think in the best of times it can play up to Top 30, maybe, but it's just too small and the fanbase isn't big enough or rabid enough.