• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Toad Jones

Possibly, but if you read that article about him from before the season that somebody posted from ESPN, I think for him you had to know it wouldn’t be until the season was over. His goal this season was to have an outright Sunbelt title (last year was Co), and with the character he seems to have, I don’t think he’s letting anyone announce he is next coach until the season is over. He may want to be here, but if he does, I don’t see it being announced for a couple of weeks. It’s been amazing how little info has been leaked, so I’m hoping this is the reason.
I don't see Dykes at TCU just as I don't see Gary interested in Virginia Tech. GP could consider Florida if it becomes open. If a program opened in the Caribbean, GP would be sitting at the door step. Everyone thinks GP as a head coach somewhere, I don't. I can see GP and Kelsey doing something entirely different. Something will turn up for the Patterson's. Kelsey wields a very big stick on the future of the Patterson's!! Great thing for them, they have the financial freedom to do.....whatever.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Has Fuente been discussed? Now that he is officially out at Va Tech ... he checks Donati boxes of HC experience and offensive-minded.

He did good at Memphis and parlayed that into the VT job. Had a good start there but the program has been on a slide several years. Articles talked about recruiting misses, especially at QB.

Eight

Has Fuente been discussed? Now that he is officially out at Va Tech ... he checks Donati boxes of HC experience and offensive-minded.

He did good at Memphis and parlayed that into the VT job. Had a good start there but the program has been on a slide several years. Articles talked about recruiting misses, especially at QB.

think the program has been pretty strong in that last area unfortunately

texas_sicilian

4/5ths of the of the tcu defensive staff

sharp, fitch, modkins, and gonzales haven't ever been fired that i can recall

3/5ths of the frogs offensive staff hill, kelly, and anderson haven't even been fired as a coach

since most of us here have no clue what we are talking about is 7 out of 10 assistants not having been fired the norm?
I think it depends on the coaching philosophy. Believe Rhule was once quoted that he has never fired a coach, and believes it’s on him to develop them. Perhaps CGP had a similar mentality.

Latest posts