• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

The prep school program is a good program and has helped a lot of kids. I understand what you’re trying to say but don’t think it’s a good thing to nitpick on.

The fact that he was able to get an engineering degree later on at Clemson while playing football is no small feet. And yes, as an engineer I understand that an industrial engineer degree is not as hard as some other engineering degrees. Still not an easy thing to do though which I think is partly what he was trying to say in his post
That is something I wondered about and don’t know—how demanding the coursework of industrial engineering is relative to other engineering programs, so I may have been projecting more into that degree and GPA than I should have. For those who don’t know—civil, chemical, electrical and others are very challenging, I suspect beyond the capability of the large majority of college students.

Last edited:

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Not surprised that you wouldn't understand the difference between approaching a random stranger to inaccuracy call him a clown when his statement is factual correct, and then that person's response to put the offender in their place.
Offender? Lol when is the parole date?

I have no idea about you personally but your entire presentation on the Deion thing was clownish. You failed time and again to make a coherent point. Now that that sideshow is done my hope is you can recover some credibility.

So yeah, you get called out around here when you double, triple and quadruple down on dumbness. Best wishes on the rebuilding process.

gofor2

What? You can't force somebody to take the job.
It's not about forcing. It's about targeting candidates that you can realistically bring in. A plan has to be put in place and a determination has to be made on who you can bring in, prior to starting this whole process. Akin to evaluation of the market, its potential candidates and the TCU brand.
If a school finds themself going pretty far down their list - something failed in that plan.

I would add - this is all conjecture. None of us know who is on the list, or anything about search results so far. When all the dust settles, I hope we get to find out who was on the list and who declined etc.

hiphopfroggy

Offender? Lol when is the parole date?

I have no idea about you personally but your entire presentation on the Deion thing was clownish. You failed time and again to make a coherent point. Now that that sideshow is done my hope is you can recover some credibility.

So yeah, you get called out around here when you double, triple and quadruple down on dumbness. Best wishes on the rebuilding process.
You interjected yourself into a perfectly cordial and polite adult exchange about the football roster to post a picture of a clown. Clearly your sole intent was to offend and you offered no substance what so ever.

TX_Krötenechse

Tom Herman is still my #1 pick. He is going to be a Lane Kiffin redivivus for some team.
Problem with Herman isn’t that he’s a bad coach, it’s that he’s a raging [ Arschloch] according to everything I’ve read. That’s why he was fired after a mediocre season or two - being an [ Arschloch] is fine when you’re winning, but no one is going to go to bat for you when you start losing. Same thing is happening to Mullen at Florida right now.

Personally I’m not interested in Herman because he seems like a bad cultural fit and he had major locker room issues at Texas. I’m sure he’ll get another chance down the road and do well, but I hope it’s not here.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Problem with Herman isn’t that he’s a bad coach, it’s that he’s a raging [ Arschloch] according to everything I’ve read. That’s why he was fired after a mediocre season or two - being an [ Arschloch] is fine when you’re winning, but no one is going to go to bat for you when you start losing. Same thing is happening to Mullen at Florida right now.

Personally I’m not interested in Herman because he seems like a bad cultural fit and he had major locker room issues at Texas. I’m sure he’ll get another chance down the road and do well, but I hope it’s not here.
Most of his locker room issues had to do with a sledgehammer and his inability to swing it like a man.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
The prep school program is a good program and has helped a lot of kids. I understand what you’re trying to say but don’t think it’s a good thing to nitpick on.

Yes, it is a good remedial academic program. It's helped many young high performing/high potential enlisted personnel qualify for full entry into the Academy.

It's also helps USAFA Athletic Department recruits (about 40% of Prep School students) get the individualized remedial academic instruction they need to qualify for college admission (USAFA or elsewhere).

The fact that he was able to get an engineering degree later on at Clemson while playing football is no small feet. And yes, as an engineer I understand that an industrial engineer degree is not as hard as some other engineering degrees. Still not an easy thing to do though which I think is partly what he was trying to say in his post

Agree. Citing the Clemson admission/graduation/good GPA while playing D-1 football would, in fact, indicate someone with above average mental/physical ability as well as a disciplined work ethic.

Also agree that rebar engineering is easier than the more technical/complex engineering specialties.

froginmn

The fact that he was able to get an engineering degree later on at Clemson while playing football is no small feet.
Since we're nitpicking...

Woman-feet-soles-1280x720.jpg