• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Dogfrog

Not that I’m breaking news, but a friend of mine coaches at the D1 level and said it’s Dykes and he’s starting to try and build his staff. Said part of the reason SMU has fallen off is Sonny has started to bail already
At least you’re not breaking wind. You do have to consider that the reality of Sonny leaving SMU has likely already permeated the program and had an effect on the team last night.

TRF51

I wasn’t going to say this because it would like an excuse for the [ #2020 ] that they laid yesterday, but of course he has.

I think the dynamics between the coaching staff and the players are affected when the players think or know their head coach is leaving. They probably lost some of their drive to play. Cincy was going to beat them regardless.

An-Cap Frog

Not that I’m breaking news, but a friend of mine coaches at the D1 level and said it’s Dykes and he’s starting to try and build his staff. Said part of the reason SMU has fallen off is Sonny has started to bail already
Could be except 1 of the 3 were before Gary was fired. All 3 were road games. The combined records of the opponents were 27-7.

Dogfrog

I haven’t gotten too wrapped up in this hire because the keys to future success have changed dramatically. If Sonny is a very good coach and has convinced our committee that he can kill it with pay for play, that’s all we need. Recruiting as we have known it is about to be over for the most part. Our key is making that transition more quickly and successfully than others.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Dykes current DC is Jim Leavitt...he's no slouch...he coached with Jim Harbaugh
Oh No GIF

What do you know? They interviewed several coaches including Deon. Who didn’t they interview that you would want them to have interviewed?

This thing had been lined up for months. They did some investigative interviews, scraped the surface on some other candidates to put forth the impression of a legit in depth search, but this thing was lined up for Dykes from the get go, and unless he got cold feet and backed out, it was always going that direction.

The real question is why he was the guy?

Why did they settle on a career .500 coach who struggles against good competition amongst other things.

It will leak out over the coming weeks, just wait, it’s coming.