• The KillerFrogs

Offensive Coordinator Candidates

angelo's frog

I think that GP is going internal on this one but he will have to bring in another coach, hopefully for the QB position. That said, if he does hire from the outside, I think he is more likely to find another "up and comer" like Fuente.

As I see it, he does the following. Promotes Burns to Co-OC and also makes him the QB coach, as he has coached that position at other schools. Keeps Anderson at his current position, Co-OC and RB coach. Then brings in another WR coach.

I could be wrong but I just don't see him bringing in someone like Turner Gill, Kingsbury or Fairchild.

I bet you're right but I would add that Haverty goes to WR's and we bring in a new safeties coach.

Gunner

That Kingsbury suggestion has a lot of merit.. That guy went thru a bunch and some of the time, his offensive line was less than needed. Remember a game against Ohio State(I think) where he was taking a terrible beating. He hung in there, tough as nails, kept his offense moving and took some hits that a normal person couldn't have survived.

He made some noise at Tech and played in the pros a while.

Think we need a QB coach. Anderson deserves the OC job. Haverty could help with the receivers, but then you need a safties coach.

Bet GP waits 'til after Feb 3 and recruitng is over.. :biggrin:

Young and Horned

I think Haverty is staying on the defensive side. Was the defensive GA here, then went to DC at small school. All signs point to him staying on that side of the ball.

I agree with Wes that we keep it internal. Probably put Burns up at Co-OC and hire a WR coach.

Joel Hinton West Texas A&M
Kendrick Holloway ACU (from Dallas Skyline)
Josh Gattis (Western Michigan)
Dwayne Dixon (Ohio) Was WR coach for Florida in the 90s. 4 WRs were finalist for Top WR.

Young and Horned

This is the best idea I've heard yet.

And then we can fire Boschini and let students interview his replacement.

eddc8b67-d7fe-42fd-be63-c53724e598eb.jpg

NewFrogFan

I think that GP is going internal on this one but he will have to bring in another coach, hopefully for the QB position. That said, if he does hire from the outside, I think he is more likely to find another "up and comer" like Fuente.

As I see it, he does the following. Promotes Burns to Co-OC and also makes him the QB coach, as he has coached that position at other schools. Keeps Anderson at his current position, Co-OC and RB coach. Then brings in another WR coach.

I could be wrong but I just don't see him bringing in someone like Turner Gill, Kingsbury or Fairchild.

I know a WR that would love to coach TCU WR's!!!! :biggrin: