• The KillerFrogs

Off week Press Conference

MinFrog

Note after Presser: Ty to practice at LB during these 2 weeks.

It begs the question, is this because of depth at DE or lack of production at LB?

Or maybe GP has fallen for the 3-3-5 and when summers is at DE he can just step off and play LB?

FROG PARENTS 1961

It begs the question, is this because of depth at DE or lack of production at LB?

Or maybe GP has fallen for the 3-3-5 and when summers is at DE he can just step off and play LB?
I believe that question #3 is the correct GP thought. Summers is a LB and gets mega stops at LB. He IS a linebacker. The trials and tests have been limitted as the season progresses. Time to get the All American Linebacker back to his position.

FROG PARENTS 1961

My question to those whop have been able to slow down the film on the games is when we run a 3-3-5 or 3-2-6 do we have a nose tackle with 2 DE's most of the time or two DTs on the line? enlighten me please.

Wexahu

I believe that question #3 is the correct GP thought. Summers is a LB and gets mega stops at LB. He IS a linebacker. The trials and tests have been limitted as the season progresses. Time to get the All American Linebacker back to his position.

I was optimistic about Summers at DE but man, he does look small playing that position and just seems to get swallowed up pretty easily by those big left tackles. I like Collier at RDE.

MN Frog

Bummer about Morris. I actually went back and watched the game after I heard about his injury (before knowing how long he was out). I wanted to see how productive he was versus Schlottman when he was in. When Morris was in, he was blowing people off the line. He has an uncanny knack of getting the ball to the QB and then engaging forward on running plays and/or setting for passing plays. Schlottman got out muscled a little bit when he was in, and our running attack was not quite the same. It very well could have been just a lack of practice at the position. I expect it to improve, but Morris will be missed these 4-5 weeks!

frogforlife

I would predict Schlottman at Center and Iwuagwu at LG. That's the way we finished Saturday anyway. Iwuagwu had been getting some decent PT in prior games, I think he may have been subbing in for Niang at times. We should be OK but another injury would be problematic.
Actually Iwuagwu played the entire game at LG. Noteboom, Iwuagwu, Morris, Schlottman, Pryor were the starters and played the whole first half except for two series. Niang relieved Pryor for one series and Pryor relieved Schlottman for a series.
When Morris got hurt in the 3rd quarter, Niang came in and Pryor moved to RG and Schlottlman moved to Center for the rest of the game.

FROG PARENTS 1961

Actually Iwuagwu played the entire game at LG. Noteboom, Iwuagwu, Morris, Schlottman, Pryor were the starters and played the whole first half except for two series. Niang relieved Pryor for one series and Pryor relieved Schlottman for a series.
When Morris got hurt in the 3rd quarter, Niang came in and Pryor moved to RG and Schlottlman moved to Center for the rest of the game.
How do you know this

FrogLifeYo

Ty has struggled at DE. Remember in camp when GP said he was all over the QB during practice..well that hasn't been the case in games thus far. Outside of Howard, our LB play has been a little uneven. I think as we get into some ground attack teams he has more value in the middle. I'd like his strength at LB against a team like K-State and OU who are going to come down hill at us for 4Qts.

FROG PARENTS 1961

I like the switch on this. Everybody moved 1 slot to the left so that familiarity in blocking tactics was similar. Looking like possibility the top 6 OL are Joseph N. 68, Cordel I. 70, Patrick M. 58, Austin S. 51, Matt P. 64 & Lucas N. 77.

if Morris is out 4-5 games this is the look.
bye
West Va.
@ K State
Kan
@ Iowa State
Texas

@ Oklahoma is next