• The KillerFrogs

OC

eh0215

I think the plethora of wildly broken massive plays we allowed on defense crushed us. Gillespies two absolute worst performances have been in the last two games.

The INTs were bad, but it didnt put the defense in tough spots. Colorado blizted down long fields all day. We had a couple of really nice short fields due to turnovers and special teams.

FrogBall09

Exactly. We scored TDs on 6 of 11 possessions and suddenly we have the worst starting QB in 25 years and the OC is terrible. SMH.

We had two bad INTs at critical times but if we don’t throw those we’d have scored TDs on like 77% of our possessions. That’s not normal. That’s pretty good.
were you at the game? we scored because of our RBs and O-line.

Even the two TDs that Morris had were setup by others - not him.

We literally scored 42 in spite of our QB play and had a chance to win in spite of our D

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Let me state the obvious, scoring points is not the same thing as winning games. While I can appreciate the sentiment that 42 points is a lot of offense and should be enough to win most games, that’s not the same as having the ball in our control, plenty of time to score, and watching it fizzle out. I think that magic and will to win is what made last season what is was, instead of six or seven losses, which it could have been.

Regardless of all of his disturbing personal baggage, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Briles offense consistently have that grit and will to win that we must have.

Limey Frog

Let me state the obvious, scoring points is not the same thing as winning games. While I can appreciate the sentiment that 42 points is a lot of offense and should be enough to win most games, that’s not the same as having the ball in our control, plenty of time to score, and watching it fizzle out. I think that magic and will to win is what made last season what is was, instead of six or seven losses, which it could have been.

Regardless of all of his disturbing personal baggage, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Briles offense consistently have that grit and will to win that we must have.
Right. The head coach has to answer for the whole. Your coordinators only answer for their side of the ball. Yes, the defense gave up too many points and there was no pass rush, etc. But every national college football writer/podcaster I've seen/heard discussing this game has said the same things: Colorado was readier to play and surprised everyone; Travis Hunter is the Heisman front-runner; TCU has work to do on defense; why did TCU stop running the ball at the end?

Johnny Finger-tape isn't to blame for the defense. TCU scored a lot of points vs. Colorado. TCU could still have won despite the defense if OCJFT had controlled the clock and RTDB in the 4th quarter.

All of these can be true at the same time.

Eight

Right. The head coach has to answer for the whole. Your coordinators only answer for their side of the ball. Yes, the defense gave up too many points and there was no pass rush, etc. But every national college football writer/podcaster I've seen/heard discussing this game has said the same things: Colorado was readier to play and surprised everyone; Travis Hunter is the Heisman front-runner; TCU has work to do on defense; why did TCU stop running the ball at the end?

Johnny Finger-tape isn't to blame for the defense. TCU scored a lot of points vs. Colorado. TCU could still have won despite the defense if OCJFT had controlled the clock and RTDB in the 4th quarter.

All of these can be true at the same time.

interesting part about the frogs run game and the move away from the run game

for me it wasn't why did they stop later, but where was the run game in the two series that resulted in the missed field goal and the hunter interception and then why did they run sanders two plays in a row on the final drive setting up the 3rd and long instead of keeping any offensive momentum going

granted, if morris gets the ball to savion on the cross the frogs likely convert the first down so the two rushes don't matter, but it just seemed a bit odd

will also say that while so many want to pile on briles he called some plays on the final drive that were there and morris didn't execute. the deep ball to wright was there, jojo earle running at a pretty damn good clip across the buff secondary on the deep cross was there, and then savion on the shallow cross

Wexahu

interesting part about the frogs run game and the move away from the run game

for me it wasn't why did they stop later, but where was the run game in the two series that resulted in the missed field goal and the hunter interception and then why did they run sanders two plays in a row on the final drive setting up the 3rd and long instead of keeping any offensive momentum going

granted, if morris gets the ball to savion on the cross the frogs likely convert the first down so the two rushes don't matter, but it just seemed a bit odd

will also say that while so many want to pile on briles he called some plays on the final drive that were there and morris didn't execute. the deep ball to wright was there, jojo earle running at a pretty damn good clip across the buff secondary on the deep cross was there, and then savion on the shallow cross
I think there was clearly a one foot on the gas, one on the brake situation going on that last drive, because our coaches didn't want to give it back to them with any time on the clock. And I felt the same way as a fan. Because, you know, for obvious reasons for those that were watching the game.

As I said in another thread, it's not ideal being in a position where you absolutely have to score but you feel like you have to do it in a certain amount of time. There were probably some plays and situations that might have been open downfield for big gains that weren't exploited for that very reason. So you end up burning a few plays just to get the clock down and it ends up burning you because you lose a down or two you end up needing.

It's not quite as simple as "the offense didn't score, so it's all on the offense."

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
OC

You run the ball terrifically all game and then DON'T RUN the scheissing BALL when you should!!!!

3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2??!!!! And you throw the scheissing ball!!??

That's stupidity.

Rabidfrog

He had the ball in hand with 4:32 to go and couldn’t get the touchdown to win the game NOR the fg to at least tie it.

Blame rhe play calls, but the plays were there to score much more and he couldn’t make it happen. Morris is not the guy.
should not have handed off during that series. QB run-pass option was/is the ticket. Going to have to use Morris' legs more.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
should not have handed off during that series. QB run-pass option was/is the ticket. Going to have to use Morris' legs more.
True, a Duggan-style QB run would have been really impactful. But Morris has shown to be fragile (that’s not a knock on him, by the way, but that has shown to be true).

ShreveFrog

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I wonder if Sonny and Kendal have dealt with this. OU getting backlash for Art Briles seen on field after Sooners game.

I was assured that everyone had forgotten about that...