• The KillerFrogs

Newy interviewed an emotional Coach P about the title game

BleedNPurple

Gary can help hoist the Gatorade Bucket and throw it on Sonny at the end of the game. It’s amazing how triggered so many of you are.

Froggy Style

Gary can help hoist the Gatorade Bucket and throw it on Sonny at the end of the game. It’s amazing how triggered so many of you are.
Dude literally does not benefit from TCU winning right now. It proves he had lost it and was losing low scoring games with top talent, likely to keep his D stats low. Inserting himself at this point in time is just self-serving crap that isn't needed.

Needs to stay away for one more week. He can then come back and be part of the program as soon as he isn't working for someone else. I look forward to that day.

Planks

Because you are so high up in the TCU executive chain that you know this. Come on man. Give me a break. Sonny repeatedly shouts out kudos to Gary. They dont have the issue. The TCU fans do and its sad.

The point I’m making is that until the clock hits 0:00 in the game National Championship game, TCU isn’t going to risk even one player being even the slightest, tiniest bit distracted by the presence of Patterson. Too much on the line.

After the game is over, TCU can give kudos to Patterson in some way. We can hold a parade for Patterson and build 100 more statues to put all over town. But I don’t need to be high up at TCU to know that the coach and athletic director are not going to let the players be distracted when a national championship is on the line.

Hemingway

Some of y’all need to chill out. All I see are Frogs attacking Frogs and it’s silly to me.

The point of the interview is that GP is a part of this whether he is there or not. Every player who he recruited and brought in doesn’t just become only a Sonny Dykes player once the switch happens. From experience, I know that once you’ve played for GP you always have that sense of pride knowing you played for a legendary coach. It doesn’t ever go away.

They can fly him out. They can tell him to stay home. It doesn’t matter. He’s there because his imprint isn't going anywhere after just 14 months. Some will play FOR him because they feel like they owe him that. It just is what it is.
He was and is currently trying to get a another job right now. It’s a distraction. He needs to chill out and do the 30 for 30 thing after the game.. if we win.
I think GP was supposed to get us here but we came close. He then went to UT, he could’ve helped Kill out in NM but he didn’t. That’s on him.

MinFrog

Tough to reconcile these tears with running to UT as soon as he possibly could to try and beat his players. It has to be one or the other and for me actions speak louder than words/tears.

Maybe he really regrets joining UT now, but it is what it is. Joining UT was a really petty move any way you look at it.

Eight

He was and is currently trying to get a another job right now. It’s a distraction. He needs to chill out and do the 30 for 30 thing after the game.. if we win.
I think GP was supposed to get us here but we came close. He then went to UT, he could’ve helped Kill out in NM but he didn’t. That’s on him.

there is a small gap in time between the program getting close under gary and then him ending up at ut

Hemingway

there is a small gap in time between the program getting close under gary and then him ending up at ut
Awkward The Big Lebowski GIF

Pharm Frog

So help the clueless here on what the issue is. This whole feud with GP is starting to get as stupid as Harry going over to the dreadful Yanks with that wife of his.
Who’s feuding with GP? He left. He should stay left. There’s no feud unless he’s feuding. New era. Isn’t about forgiveness or bitter feelings about going to UT (at least for me). He can choose to do whatever he wants to make a living. He had that chance here as emeritus (although I would never have extended that offer).

If this season demonstrates anything at all…it’s that GP was the restraining force…aka: the problem. Don’t invite problems back.

GO_DJ

Ticket Exchange Pass
Tough to reconcile these tears with running to UT as soon as he possibly could to try and beat his players. It has to be one or the other and for me actions speak louder than words/tears.

Maybe he really regrets joining UT now, but it is what it is. Joining UT was a really petty move any way you look at it.
He essentially took an internship to pass time after he was fired. Take a lap.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Who’s feuding with GP? He left. He should stay left. There’s no feud unless he’s feuding. New era. Isn’t about forgiveness or bitter feelings about going to UT (at least for me). He can choose to do whatever he wants to make a living. He had that chance here as emeritus (although I would never have extended that offer).

If this season demonstrates anything at all…it’s that GP was the restraining force…aka: the problem. Don’t invite problems back.
What problem is he causing? Even Sonny welcomes him.

I see several of you with some severe anger at GP and I still don’t get it. Yeah, he want to hated UT. I would have preferred he not do that too. But the man is inexorably tied to the rapid rise of TCU football it just seems a tad immature to toss out all the good he did when weighed against going to his wife’s alma mater. Hell, my wife dragged me to Indiana, but I can forgive and forget.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
He didn't go back to Utah State or NM State with his buddy to pass time. He went to UT to beat TCU.
He didn’t necessarily go there to beat TCU and we don’t know what input he really had in the overall game plan. Whatever it may have been, it didn’t work. Just my take, but pulling us out the dregs of college football far out weighs anything he has done since. I don’t like the move to UT, but that has nothing to do what he did at TCU and won’t change his history in Fort Worth.

Last edited:

Eight

What problem is he causing? Even Sonny welcomes him.

I see several of you with some severe anger at GP and I still don’t get it. Yeah, he want to hated UT. I would have preferred he not do that too. But the man is inexorably tied to the rapid rise of TCU football it just seems a tad immature to toss out all the good he did when weighed against going to his wife’s alma mater. Hell, my wife dragged me to Indiana, but I can forgive and forget.

rapid rise?