• The KillerFrogs

New State recruiting laws

82 Frog Fever

Eight

this law makes no sense and lets consider a high school football player who might be graduating early

they sign in december at the soonest and are in college in january

if that football player doesn't participate in any other sport than football what does it matter? i am sorry young man but that season you just played in doesn't count because you signed with out of state u and took money from them

seriously this is a stupid law and it epitomizes not only the problem with nil and college sports, but politics as well

LSU Game Attendee

This layer of rules will just be thoroughly addressed by deployment of bagmen. The ironic thing is if all states applied this pre-enrollment NIL fun and schools actually adhered to it, Mizzou would be royally screwed (as would Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn, Clemson, Notre Dame, Michigan, OU, OSU, Oregon…)

82 Frog Fever

This layer of rules will just be thoroughly addressed by deployment of bagmen. The ironic thing is if all states applied this pre-enrollment NIL fun and schools actually adhered to it, Mizzou would be royally screwed (as would Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn, Clemson, Notre Dame, Michigan, OU, OSU, Oregon…)
I think so too, but it also ramps up the corruption element.

I wonder, would the Pony Express Trans Ams be legal today?

westoverhillbilly

The ironic thing is if all states applied this pre-enrollment NIL fun and schools actually adhered to it, Mizzou would be royally screwed (as would Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn, Clemson, Notre Dame, Michigan, OU, OSU, Oregon…)
Agree.. Totally.. If the legislators in Missouri were wise, they would leave this idea alone and hope that the talent rich states such as Texas don't pass a similar law.

Hemingway

It will be interesting to see if any of these state laws get struck down by the courts. I feel like they should be struck down and there should be universal NIL rules set by the NCAA or Congress and the President. However, I have doubts it will ever happen given the history of everything that has happened so far that has led up to this mess.

vicarfrog

Everybody is a states' rights activist until 'crootin comes into play! #StateLaw

To me, it actually underscores how awesome of a concept states' rights is.

If a state can get an edge over another state, do it, it is the job of state public servants to do that which is of benefit to their state. If another state is too stuck up to wake up and smell the coffee, that's on them.

hometown frog

If a state can get an edge over another state, do it, it is the job of state public servants to do that which is of benefit to their state. If another state is too stuck up to wake up and smell the coffee, that's on them.
Seems to possibly violate the interstate commerce act now that you have to view collegiate athletes as independent contract employees.

Deep Purple

Yep. I believe it's called federalism.