• The KillerFrogs

New East Side rendition photos

ShivasFrog

The only potential weak spot I see of the west side (and this may have an intentional purpose that I am unaware of) is the 1-foot-wide gap in the uppermost deck just north of the 50 yard line. It's such a big gap in the concrete that you can see it from stadium right where two large portions of concrete are supposed to join together.
I've never noticed this. Anyone have a pic of the new west side showing the gap?

SnoSki

If nobody else get it I will try to snag a pic of the upper deck gap with my phone. No guarantees though.

Maybe if someone can loOk through their pics of the west side they'll see it. I saw the gap just this past Sunday when I stopped by the bluu fr something.

BABYFACE

I am less concerned with overall design than I am with execution. The architects did a fine job -- we can debate the minor points, but that's all a matter of opinion -- but the contractors have been awful. Most of the work that has been done on the stadium has been very sloppy, ruining the overall effect.

A lot of shoddy worksmanship has gone into this stadium, which I assume was a money-saving decision by TCU. The result will be a stadium with a lot of unfulfilled potential.

Many thanks to the OP for the new pictures.

LOL! So what do you do for a living? Construction is a process. You ever walk into a house that is just framed? it looks nothing like what a finshed house looks like. Are you in the construction? If not, I am interested in your opinion on the contractors and how you came up with it.

If nobody else get it I will try to snag a pic of the upper deck gap with my phone. No guarantees though.

Maybe if someone can loOk through their pics of the west side they'll see it. I saw the gap just this past Sunday when I stopped by the bluu fr something.

My guess is an expansion joint. Rangers Ballpark has dozens of them in the upper deck. They are filled with a rubber compound that has hardened over the years.

My guess is an expansion joint. Rangers Ballpark has dozens of them in the upper deck. They are filled with a rubber compound that has hardened over the years.
That's what I was thinking too. It's not that noticeable from the end zone or anywhere on the west side but I'm pretty sure Stevie Wonder could see it setting on the east side.