• The KillerFrogs

NCAA Tournament

ShreveFrog

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

I was rooting for Big XII Baylor versus the ACC. ACC now has three teams in the Sweet Sixteen instead of the Big XII having that chance. The conference is something positive to root for that TCU is tied to - the strength and future health of it.

Baylor only 6-24 on three-pointers but still could have won if they had made four more free throws instead of shooting only 16-26. Walter an 81% free throw shooter only hit 5-11 and both critical ones down two at 66-64 with 37 seconds left. He lost his confidence. Clemson finishes it off making their free throws.

Last edited:

Chongo94

When your turnovers lead to about as many points as you score all game, you aren’t a valuable player.

13 points, 4 turnovers led to 9 points by the other team.
So again, 13 points is more than 9. That’s simple math.

He was also the leading rebounder of either team. And it’s not like he was alone, Williams had 3 turnovers and 2 other players for CU had 2 each. Hell, Kolek for Marquette had 6 and I’m certain your wouldn’t say he’s a liability or non-valuable player.

But that doesn’t matter to your narrative, right.

Fourteen Cougar fouls. Five players with two or more fouls.

Houston defense is gonna have to be less aggressive in the second half because they are in foul trouble and their center, Roberts, is only playing part time with a bruised shin that he is limping on.

This was a concern going into the tournament, whether Houston could get away with their aggressiveness that they’re used to. Aggies are a very quick athletic team and it’s tournament time so they are bringing it, thus the fouls.

The quicks and athleticism on Houston and Aggies is on another level from TCU

Last edited:

Froggy Style

Refs look like a game vs TCU. Breath on an Ag near the rim and you get a foul call. Then call a few ticky tack fouls at the top of the key against the ags to give them 5 fouls vs 14 on Houston. No reason aggie should be within 5 of Houston, but with the foul disparity easily could be winning by 5-10 if they made their FT's.

CBS stops showing the foul count against houston after they got to 9 or so. Verrrry strange [rigged].

McFroggin

So again, 13 points is more than 9. That’s simple math.

He was also the leading rebounder of either team. And it’s not like he was alone, Williams had 3 turnovers and 2 other players for CU had 2 each. Hell, Kolek for Marquette had 6 and I’m certain your wouldn’t say he’s a liability or non-valuable player.

But that doesn’t matter to your narrative, right.

I was posting live in the game. His turnovers stopped in the second half, but he game up on defense. Giving up 9 on turnovers and not defending the rim are major issues. Subtract just the 2 layups made my Kolek (7 inches shorter) in which Lampkin didn’t leave the ground to defend and his liability of 13 points equals the 13 he made. That’s ignoring the rest of his poor defense.

Like at TCU, he can turn it on and be a force, or put forth minimal effort and be a liability. You don’t know what Lampkin you’ll get.

Chongo94

I was posting live in the game. His turnovers stopped in the second half, but he game up on defense. Giving up 9 on turnovers and not defending the rim are major issues. Subtract just the 2 layups made my Kolek (7 inches shorter) in which Lampkin didn’t leave the ground to defend and his liability of 13 points equals the 13 he made. That’s ignoring the rest of his poor defense.

Like at TCU, he can turn it on and be a force, or put forth minimal effort and be a liability. You don’t know what Lampkin you’ll get.
Well that’s always been the case with him. He has to be invested and too often he seems to not be for whole games or just moments in games.

But when he is invested, he’s a pretty good player and a big body that counts at times. I think, given his mom’s bs and his, it was the best call by everyone for him to move on. But I do think he could’ve helped us this year at times for sure.