• The KillerFrogs

NCAA: Is this the year someone finally dethrones Kansas in the Big 12?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
NCAA: Is this the year someone finally dethrones Kansas in the Big 12?

Joe Boozell | NCAA.com

Kansas has won 13 Big 12 titles in a row. It may be the most remarkable college basketball stat going, and the Jayhawks have a chance to extend the streak to 14 in a few months.

But if ever there was a year for the rest of the league to end their reign, it’s 2018. For two simple reasons: one, Kansas looks good – but not great, and far more vulnerable at Phog Allen than in seasons past. Two: the rest of the Big 12 is absolutely loaded.

If you had to narrow it down to choosing one team over Kansas, you’d have to take Kansas. But given the choice of the field vs. Kansas? That’s tougher, and you’d probably lean towards the former. West Virginia, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and TCU are all really good.

Read more at http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball.../year-someone-finally-dethrones-kansas-big-12

FrogsUp

I am pretty sure Kansas will not be winning the Big 12 this year. There are just too many good teams that can all beat each other on any given night. Looking at the teams right now, OU is definitely looking like a favorite as long as Young stays healthy. If he gets hurt at any point during the season the OU is finished because they cannot hang without him.

Wexahu

I am pretty sure Kansas will not be winning the Big 12 this year. There are just too many good teams that can all beat each other on any given night. Looking at the teams right now, OU is definitely looking like a favorite as long as Young stays healthy. If he gets hurt at any point during the season the OU is finished because they cannot hang without him.

Maybe it was just a one-off great game for them Tuesday night but Tech looks pretty damn good to me. They have some serious athletes and length, Beard has done a hell of a job turning that thing around.

Portland Frog

Looking forward to seeing OU vs WVU and their press. Maybe WV can force Young to make enough mistakes to marginalize him getting 20+ points.

Leap Frog

Welcome back FrogShane (TCU Shane), always enjoyed your posts.
BTW, Tech looks pretty good, but, if a couple of our Frogs get it together, we'll look good too.

Sebastian S

I don't think OU will be able to sustain being a 1 man show.

Tech looks for real.

WVU is looking good.

Kansas is still Kansas, they will get some players healthy and I still predict they will win the Big 12.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Pretty good progress for JD's second year at the helm...TCU's being labeled by national observers as possible conference champs and a REALLY good team. Were there many here who thought the progress curve would go up that steeply?