• The KillerFrogs

My plan of attack if I was BE commish

HUT-Frog

THREE ALL-SPORTS ADDITIONS

1. Central Florida -- (partner to South Florida)
2. Houston -- (partner to TCU)
3. Temple -- (concession to Rutgers, WVa.)

Now I have 10 football and 18 basketball schools.

Basketball scheduling
-- 18 conference games
-- Round-robin
-- Each school plays one tied-in opponent twice (home-and-home)
-- Ties: TCU-Houston; Marquette-De Paul; Cincy-Louisville; UCF-USF; ND-UConn; Villanova-Georgetown; Rutgers-Temple; St. John's-Seton Hall; Providence-West Virginia.

** If Notre Dame left, Xavier or Butler would get invite. UConn home-and-home would be with WVa, Providence would get newest member.

FOOTBALL-ONLY ADDITIONS

With previous workings between BE and A-10, we can do some things again (and with other conferences). We already owe A-10 for Temple.

1. Boise State -- (WAC would love to have them back for hoops)
2. Air Force -- (WAC for hoops)
3. Memphis -- (Brings Liberty Bowl; hoops moves to A-10)
4. Navy -- (hoops stays in Colonial)

**Option to split Army/Navy as one membership, playing half-schedules; but not preferred option.

Football Divisions

EAST -- Central Florida, Connecticut, Navy, Rutgers, South Florida, Temple, West Virginia.
WEST -- Air Force, Boise State, Cincinnati, Houston, Louisville, Memphis, TCU.

Football scheduling -- Six intra-divisional games; two cross-over games.

** A third cross-over game could be instuted (nine-game conference schedule) if membership so desired.

Football championship -- Rotating sites, preferably not more than two (Memphis and Philadelphia), definitely no more than three.

** If there were need to go to 16 teams, next two candidates would be East Carolina (east) and Southern Miss (west).
(Personally, I would kind of lean to SMU over USM; but it is more likely that USM would be willing to move basketball to another conference than would SMU.)

ANCILLARY ISSUES

-- Pitt and Syracuse could buy out a year early, by doubling their exit fees to $10M each -- payable in full before departure. Also, must agree to two non-conference games for 2013 season against Big East teams (unless there are not enough teams that want to schedule them), and two basketball games at Big East schools in 2013 season. That money distributed to members to add additional funding until end of TV contract.

-- Encourage Notre Dame to schedule at least one Big East football member per year. (Could include neutral-site games that ND likes to schedule.)

-- Increase exit fees to $15M for all-sports, $10M for football-only and $5M for non-football with two years notice; increases 50% for one-year notice. Notre Dame would be set as at football-only rate (but negotiable if it is a deal breaker).

stadio10

While good, not great. If I were the commish, I would be talking with all the Big 12 schools north of Fort Worth. Bring in OU, OSU, KU, K-State, ISU, MU, Tech.... and tell the Baylor and UT to go pound sand. Thats the best option.

Offer equal sharing. Offer the chance for a great TV deal. But most of all, get rid of the fat ulgy chick in the corner with a lawyer for a father, and the hot chick who drives you to kill yourself.

Thats what I would be doing. And I would get it done too. Marreitto(sic), Not so much.

Wally the Frog

I agree with with Flying T, but I would start with the stepsisters first. Ask Baylor, Iowa St., K St., and Kansas first. Hell, Baylor and Iowa St. have already inquired about joining the Big East last week when they thought they were left for dead.

Give them a safe and stable conference. Equal say in decisions, and equal money.

Steal those four. Big XII dies, and OU, OSU and TT might follow.

It is time for Big Ideas and being aggressive, or the Big East will be picked apart.

HUT-Frog

I agree with with Flying T, but I would start with the stepsisters first. Ask Baylor, Iowa St., K St., and Kansas first. Hell Baylor and Iowa St. have already inquired about joining the Big East last week when they thought they were left for dead.

Give them a safe and stable conference. Equal say in decisions, and equal money.

It is time for Big Ideas and being aggressive, or the Big East will be picked apart.

Sure, you would start with the Big Drama Queen Conference leftovers first . . . but I am assuming they will all "succum" to Texas and OU.

I agree with with Flying T, but I would start with the stepsisters first. Ask Baylor, Iowa St., K St., and Kansas first. Hell Baylor and Iowa St. have already inquired about joining the Big East last week when they thought they were left for dead.

This.

kidkarr

can't agree more, i said a similar thing in another post. Give those bottom feeders schools better basketball (KU, KSU, BU) and an equal piece of the pie, as well as the stability of knowing that when the expansions start again, they will be safe. seems way to easy.

hindry

THREE ALL-SPORTS ADDITIONS

1. Central Florida -- (partner to South Florida)
2. Houston -- (partner to TCU)
3. Temple -- (concession to Rutgers, WVa.)

Now I have 10 football and 18 basketball schools.

Basketball scheduling
-- 18 conference games
-- Round-robin
-- Each school plays one tied-in opponent twice (home-and-home)
-- Ties: TCU-Houston; Marquette-De Paul; Cincy-Louisville; UCF-USF; ND-UConn; Villanova-Georgetown; Rutgers-Temple; St. John's-Seton Hall; Providence-West Virginia.

** If Notre Dame left, Xavier or Butler would get invite. UConn home-and-home would be with WVa, Providence would get newest member.

FOOTBALL-ONLY ADDITIONS

With previous workings between BE and A-10, we can do some things again (and with other conferences). We already owe A-10 for Temple.

1. Boise State -- (WAC would love to have them back for hoops)
2. Air Force -- (WAC for hoops)
3. Memphis -- (Brings Liberty Bowl; hoops moves to A-10)
4. Navy -- (hoops stays in Colonial)

**Option to split Army/Navy as one membership, playing half-schedules; but not preferred option.

Football Divisions

EAST -- Central Florida, Connecticut, Navy, Rutgers, South Florida, Temple, West Virginia.
WEST -- Air Force, Boise State, Cincinnati, Houston, Louisville, Memphis, TCU.

Football scheduling -- Six intra-divisional games; two cross-over games.

** A third cross-over game could be instuted (nine-game conference schedule) if membership so desired.

Football championship -- Rotating sites, preferably not more than two (Memphis and Philadelphia), definitely no more than three.

** If there were need to go to 16 teams, next two candidates would be East Carolina (east) and Southern Miss (west).
(Personally, I would kind of lean to SMU over USM; but it is more likely that USM would be willing to move basketball to another conference than would SMU.)

ANCILLARY ISSUES

-- Pitt and Syracuse could buy out a year early, by doubling their exit fees to $10M each -- payable in full before departure. Also, must agree to two non-conference games for 2013 season against Big East teams (unless there are not enough teams that want to schedule them), and two basketball games at Big East schools in 2013 season. That money distributed to members to add additional funding until end of TV contract.

-- Encourage Notre Dame to schedule at least one Big East football member per year. (Could include neutral-site games that ND likes to schedule.)

-- Increase exit fees to $15M for all-sports, $10M for football-only and $5M for non-football with two years notice; increases 50% for one-year notice. Notre Dame would be set as at football-only rate (but negotiable if it is a deal breaker).

please extrapolate.....on average or in absolutes......which of the football teams 'occaisonally vs regularily ' finish in top 25?

when has a BE champion finished in top 10?

The basketball-only schools are a major problem. If they weren't there, you'd have flexibility to add as many as 9 teams. Not possible with the basketball schools.

Wally the Frog

Sure, you would start with the Big Drama Queen Conference leftovers first . . . but I am assuming they will all "succum" to Texas and OU.

I think only Baylor has been the Drama Queen. The other 3 have been pretty quiet. I would take those four over any of the replacements that are now being talked about. Temple, UCF, Houston. Navy, Army.

mtmedlin

Did you really get rid of Hoops from Memphis...its like taking the boobs off a fat girl, it was the only part we wanted to watch...no thanks.