• The KillerFrogs

MLB 2023 Thread

Crazy Stat - the Astros were 39-42 at home and 51-30 on the road this year. How do you explain that? After losing 7 of their last 9 at home, including 2 of 3 to the A’s and a sweep by the Royals, I had given up on the Astros winning the AL West, but then they won 5 of 6 on the road versus the Mariners and playoff Diamondbacks, haha. And of course…

special thanks to the Mariners pitching staff deciding to compete in a meaningless game for them and defeat the Rangers, 1-0, so here we are. I would guess the Mariners dislike the Astros more than the Rangers, but the Mariners pitching staff yesterday didn’t let it show. I guess sticking it to the team they were playing at the moment was more satisfying.

Now the Rangers can go play on the artificial turf that they love in Tampa.

And the Astros are stuck having to play games 1 and 2 and a possible game 5 at home in the Divisional Series; oh my.

Last edited:

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Just tuned in to the Rangers game and am surprised to see TB with "Devil Rays" on their jerseys. I thought they dropped the "Devil" years ago because it was evil, or something. Maybe it's a throw back.
Rangers lead 2-0 B5.

The Rangers and Twins beat the two AL East teams. These three game series are dangerous. Well done, Rangers.

I went to the Twins game and the atmosphere was great. It helps to get an early lead, thanks to rookie Royce Lewis returning with his bad hammy, after not playing since Sept. 19, and hitting two dingers in his first two at bats to account for all 3 rbis. This year he has been out with recovery from his 2nd ACL surgery on the same knee, an oblique strain and then a hammy. Concern that he may be another horrid durability story like Byron Buxton who didn’t even make the playoff roster.

Correa is playing with a September tear in his foot, and has had planter fasciitis since May.

Target Field is a beautiful ballpark if you ever have a chance to go. The vertical stacked decks in the outfield make it feel small and it all has good aesthetics.

Last edited:

helcap

Speaking of attendance, game one of Rangers-Rays had a crowd of 19,704 . This was the lowest for a post season game since 1919.