• The KillerFrogs

Missouri Grants Chancellor Ability to "Explore Options"

mtmedlin

Big 12 needs 10 schools in 2012. Can't lose Missouri and add BYU (#9) and get to 10 w/ out adding TCU (or someone besides current Big East Schools). Nice try though!

I know you have only been in the BE for a minute now but please dont attempt to be snide when you may not be aware of all the facts. Pitt and Cuse are gone, that leaves the BE at 6 original members. If the B12 takes 2, then we drop to 4 members and lose our AQ because we no longer have 5 members that have played FBS level football for at least 5 years together in a conference. At that point the football side of the conference is no longer and teams could leave without the time penalty. The $5 million exit fee "could" apply since it is for all BE members.

So yes, the B12 could get to 10 very easily. They just need to take two BE teams.

mtmedlin

Only thing that gives me hope is that Jurich is friends with USFs Dr Gendhaft. They worked together when we were invited to the BE. We have heard some stuff about him leading the charge to put together a package of teams for the B12. The other thing USF has going for them is that the Kansas AD used to work at USF. He left to take over Kansas. We still have a strong relationship with him
Best case scenario is that the B12 decides to go to 14 and adds Lville, Cinci, WVU, USF, TCU and BYU. With the SEC and ACC going to 14, there may be hope of the B12 also deciding on that path. If not, I see way too many scenarios where USF is left out...Frogs are in a good position but we both know that politics will be the stronger player then on field production.

really hope that BYU says no...means more BE teams get in and even if USF is left out, I want as many of our BE brethren to land in an AQ conference.

(just think how dominating USF will be in the Sunbelt...we will ROCK IT :tongue: )

cdsfrog

wilnerhotline Jon Wilner Sources: B12 not hot on TCU. Longhorns don't want Frogs (never have) and Okl/Kan schools don't want another Texas team24 minutes ago
wilnerhotline Jon Wilner B12 bracing for Mizzou to leave, considering a plan to add 4 schools: BYU, Boise, WVU and Ville. Many steps btwn here and there, of course

These are just two. There were more but I dont want to scroll that far back. Dont take it as an insult, I hope the frogs land where they want, was just saying what were hearing.

If you look the tool has tons of replies stating the that OSU/OU/Kansas/Iowa State/kansas state want tcu. 10x as many saying that, you would know that if you paid attention.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
wilnerhotline Jon Wilner Sources: B12 not hot on TCU. Longhorns don't want Frogs (never have) and Okl/Kan schools don't want another Texas team24 minutes ago http://twitter.com/http://twitter.com/http://twitter.com/
wilnerhotline Jon Wilner B12 bracing for Mizzou to leave, considering a plan to add 4 schools: BYU, Boise, WVU and Ville. Many steps btwn here and there, of course

These are just two. There were more but I dont want to scroll that far back. Dont take it as an insult, I hope the frogs land where they want, was just saying what were hearing.

From the same guy in California, about a week ago, and been contradicted by about a dozen others who actually work in this time zone. And even he's crawfishing:

http://twitter.com/#!/wilnerhotline/status/121391954373263364

You wonder where BSU falls in pecking order with Big East options (Ville, WVU), TCU, BYU and maybe SMU.

Other than that....

Dogfrog

I have always wished the Frogs well and continue to. I am not the type to hope something bad on one person because I am looking at an end that isnt good.

Every tweet that I get says Baylor doesnt want you and is working hard and that the 4 northern schools dont want another Texas school. Thats what I have been reading. Its completely independent of USF. Were pretty well screwed and I have come to a point of acceptance. Well work hard, build up and get another shot at an AQ later.

You have constantly hoped something bad on TCU (UH) because you are looking to an end that is good for USF (no UCF). You spin and spin and claim that you are a BE insider. Sorry, but I've never bought it. I will say, however, that your posts are mostly very polite.

FROGDADDY

wilnerhotline Jon Wilner Sources: B12 not hot on TCU. Longhorns don't want Frogs (never have) and Okl/Kan schools don't want another Texas team24 minutes ago http://twitter.com/http://twitter.com/http://twitter.com/

Week old tweets from a guy in the Bay area. Swung on and missed.

Long Time Fan

Long Time Fan
No offense intended, but who the hell are you following on Twitter that is tweeting that stuff? NOBODY in our neck of the woods is reporting anything like that. That being said, anything is possible at this point. Among the things that are possible is that Baylor and the northern schools don't want us and we STILL get an invite.
Greg Swaim keeps tweeting the TCU doesn't have support of Tx schools.

cdsfrog

Greg Swaim keeps tweeting the TCU doesn't have support of Tx schools.

I tweet back in forth with him and he stopped answering, he gave up when I kept point to UT being ok with TCU.

He just regurgitates what he hears from others. Literally knows jack [Craig James].

FROGDADDY

I tweet back in forth with him and he stopped answering, he gave up when I kept point to UT being ok with TCU.

He just regurgitates what he hears from others. Literally knows jack [Craig James].

The problem with Twitter is people reading tweets and not understanding that they are often simply someones opinion or a restating of someone else's opinion. Before you know it you've got 100 people all tweeting someone's opinion as if it's fact.

cdsfrog

The problem with Twitter is people reading tweets and not understanding that they are often simply someones opinion or a restating of someone else's opinion. Before you know it you've got 100 people all tweeting someone's opinion as if it's fact.

indeed. I usually try to find a tweet that leads to a story and see if thats credible. Even then the sources suck

From Chip Brown (30 min ago):

"The Big 12 appears ready to expand, and the list of targets getting the most consideration right now continue to be BYU, TCU, Louisville and Cincinnati, multiple sources said."

BABYFACE

CIncy makes no sense on the surface and again the only reason they get mentioned is because of Louisville having their back. UL did this back in CUSA when BE was wanting UL.